Prayer request

Prayer request

This is a discussion on Prayer request within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My #1 son called from Army AIT last night to tell me his "Granny" died that morning. Traumatic by itself. #2 son is in the ...

Thread: Prayer request

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar

Prayer request

My #1 son called from Army AIT last night to tell me his "Granny" died that morning. Traumatic by itself. #2 son is in the Navy, floating around in an area we aren't allowed to discuss and he took this especially hard. They have lost a total of three close relatives since the end of March - a Great Aunt, an Aunt and now a Grandmother. Granny is my M-O-L (Mother outlaw - the boys' mother and I divorced 15 years ago). My ex's family is very close.

It's bad enough to lose someone close, but three in just over a month is a bit much for any family to take. The fact #2 is half way around the world complicates things. He could get emergency leave, but he would have to pay for his own travel home and back to a FOB - I haven't even looked into how much the travel will cost. #1 is in AZ and could leave the base next Friday night, attend the funeral and return by EOD Sunday and not miss any critical Stage Two training.

Please (if you are so inclined) include my two boys and their mother's family in your prayers. They all need strength and guidance from God. Thanks.
    Last edited by sniper58; April 30th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Prayers sent. Wish you and yours all the best.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

S58,

Prayers for your sons, their mother, and the family.
    And for you. I know you hurt for your boys.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Prayers sent. Also, please pass along thanks from my family to your sons for their service.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I'm adding them to my prayers. I have heard it said that like trouble, bad news comes in 3's so I hope that for them the rest of the year brings good news.

Prayers sent.
    U.S. Army Veteran

GM
    Prayers for all of them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Absolutely prayers sent!

Prayers sent.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

OD*
    Will do.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Thanks everyone! I spoke with #1 son last night. He's coping as much as one can and trying to stay focused on his training. It's tough - no two ways about it. I told him the grieving process is just that - a process. He's putting things into perspective. He said he talked to his brother on the the ship. Because it's not "immediate family," the cost of the trip from a friendly FOB to Florida and back to a friendly FOB is his responsibility. He can get emergency leave and probably get an emergency loan ($3,000 +/-) and just repay it before his hitch is up. Time will tell on that one.

Anyway, everyone's continued prayers are very much appreciated.
    Tim
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Sniper58,

If your Navy son is near an AFB or Naval Air Station overseas, he could get classified as Category 1 (highest of 6 cat's) with Red Cross verified Emergency Leave, and he could fly on Air Force or Navy flight for free. Might be worth looking into.

Sorry for your loss.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Thanks Mike! I'll look into it, but I'm not sure he's near anything - except a $hit$torm. It's definitely worth looking into. He got the official Red Cross call on board yesterday, but Granny doesn't qualify as "immediate family." As such, he was told by someone he doesn't qualify for dead heading or discounts. I think you're right and he should be able to follow the route you outlined. I'll check. Thanks again!
    Tim
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Links