I need everyone's prayers for my mom

This is a discussion on I need everyone's prayers for my mom within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well to update everyone, We were able to speak to the heart surgeon this morning so this is pretty much all we have at this ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need everyone's prayers for my mom

Well to update everyone,

We were able to speak to the heart surgeon this morning so this is pretty much all we have at this point.

She is Diabetic, her blood sugar this morning was 209. They have managed to bring that down a little today once she ate a little bit. They have been giving her some Steroids for her breathing (COPD), and that causes it to go back up, so it's been work against them.

She has COPD obviously. She has an abdominal aortic aneurysm, she has blockage to both legs, and numerous blockages in her heart.

First off, at this point, she is not a candidate for open heart surgery. The heart surgeon says she would not make it off of the table.
    They are doing some maintenance work right now, trying to get her breathing better, get her sugar level under control, and they are running tests to determine if the part of her heart that is "not" working is dead or if it is asleep. If it is dead, then the bypass surgery would not do her any good, and would out of the question. If they feel as if doing the bypass would wake up that part of the heart and get it working again, then that would be an option that is up to her if she wants to do it. They would first have to get her in better shape to be able to make it through the surgery.

So for now, it's maintenance work and tests to see "if" there is anything of the heart that can be revitalized.

They have her stabilized and her spirits seem better. She is very aware of everything around her and seems to be doing good. She still has a little problem breathing and her blood pressure at times drops.

That is all we know. Might be Monday before we know anything further. They have to do a pet scan to check the heart, and they may wait till Monday to do that. They are pretty much letting her rest, and get some of her strength back for now so they don't traumatize her system anymore than it has been.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and well wishes.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Your mother and the rest of the family will be in my thoguhts, please keep us posted.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Our prayers go out for your mother and family. Follow the doctors instructions and do get the sugar level under control. As a diabetic I know it is easier said than done at times but it has to be done. A couple of great sources for information and support are the American Diabetes Association and Accu-chek. Take of your mother and yourself. The treatments work better when there is a team working on it instead of one person alone.

Prayers for your mom, you and your family lifted up.

Getting her balanced out is a good start, still praying for a good outcome! Take good care of your better half!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

prayers sent.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Prayers sent for your mom and your entire family. I'm diabetic myself and can imagine what she is going through. Remember, only God loves your mother more than you do!
    Stubborn likes this.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Prayers going out. Please keep us updated.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Your mother and your family has my prayers.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Our thoughts and prayers are with Mom and family.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar

Update on my mom's condition

We got some bad news about mom yesterday. They said there is nothing they can do for her. Her heart is too weak and her lungs are too bad. She wants to come home and spend what time she has left with her family. Please keep me and my brothers in your prayers.

VIP Member
    I just now found this thread. I wish I could have been praying for you earlier. I am praying in earnest now.

DC Founder
    From someone that lost their Dad just a month ago, she (and you) have my prayers. Going home to spend remaining time with family is the best thing you could do....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Prayers for you and your crew are inbound.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I am so sorry. Prayers being sent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links