Update on my son, prayers still needed, now more than ever

This is a discussion on Update on my son, prayers still needed, now more than ever within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He has had 2 CT scans in the last week. The cyst is still the same and appears not to have changed at all. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Update on my son, prayers still needed, now more than ever

He has had 2 CT scans in the last week. The cyst is still the same and appears not to have changed at all. The docs don't think it is responsible for the pain that he continues to have.

They have him on a pain med that is used to try to control migraines, so far it doesn't seem to be working. He is taking a 10ml dose of Tylenol with codeine ever 6 hours to control the pain, and this really only controls it for 4 hours or so. Since Thursday, he has been having what are called "Thunder Clap" headaches. He may have no pain of a just a small pain brfore they hit and in a second or two the pain is almost unbearable. Some last at that level for 10 minutes and some for just a few seconds.

He has an appointment with a Neurosurgeon this coming Friday, the 20th and we hope to get some answers then. The CT scans both show no tumors, no bleeding, no swelling, nothing that might point to a cause of this pain. They don't have any idea what it is yet and I have been told that they may not find the cause. I can't bear the thought of him having to live life like this. This is honestly tearing me up. I can't sleep. I am exhausted, as is my wife and our son. Obviously he can't sleep well either.

It kills me but the times when the pain subsides he is a perfectly normal 9 year old boy. He laughs and plays, and then we will see him grab his head in pain and we can see the change in his face and I know he is in terrible pain. We took him to the ER Thursday night for one of these it was so bad. The damn Doctor treated us like we were over reacting. After listening to him almost lecture us with his attitude for almost and hour I asked to speak to him in the hall and then I tore into him but good. Maybe I shouldn't have but this is my son and I know what he acts like and I know when he is in pain. I just couldn't listen to his BS anymore about how kids get headaches and usually they are nothing to worry about. He hadn't even listened to us when we told him that this headache had lasted, with brief relief periods, for almost an entire week.

To sum it up everyone, I need prayers for him. As many as you can offer. Please, pray for my son to get well. We really appreciate it.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I just needed to.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

You got from me!!!

Wow, I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. There is nothing as horrible as not being able to protect your child.

Regrettably sometimes these types of illnesses take awhile to properly diagnose. All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

VIP Member
    Mike, prayers continue to go out for your son, as well as the rest of your family.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    We will keep your son and family in our thoughts. Good luck.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Mike our prayers go out for your family and especially your son.

VIP Member
    Mike.

Prayers continued to be said for your son and family, hopefully they will be answered in the positive.

May you have continued strength to help your son and family deal with this burden.

HANG IN THERE MIKE!

Why is it when we talk to God we are praying, but when God talks to us we are put into the loony bin?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Still on my list...hope this is cured very soon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Prayers sent!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You got it Mike. Hang in there.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Prayers sent.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Prayers sent for your son and your family.

Prayers still sent for your family. I think it is GREAT you tore into that MD. I'm an EMT and know too many idiotic doctors! Don't worry too much though --- the Great Physician is still by your son's side. He'll never leave His own.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out well.

I sort of know what you're talking about with the doctor- my mother has MS, and none of her doctors believed her for the longest time.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Prayers continue to go out.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links