In Loving Memory, Katie Lynch.

This is a discussion on In Loving Memory, Katie Lynch. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The strongest person I know was diagnosed with cancer her freshman year in high school. She missed most of that year but came back with ...

Thread: In Loving Memory, Katie Lynch.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

The strongest person I know was diagnosed with cancer her freshman year in high school. She missed most of that year but came back with a vengeance for her sophomore year.
    I remember the first times she started having trouble, volleyball practice she was getting winded a lot. We should have seen something then but no one thought anything of it.
    The middle of her sophomore year was amazing, she went into remission and we all thought she was going to pull through. She talked me into shaving my head for St. Baldricks, and I was scared at first, but she gave me that look and I couldn't say no.
    Junior year the cancer returned and attacked worse than ever before.
    She went through every day in more pain than I can possibly imagine.
    Today I got off work and turned on my phone to numerous messages.
    They told me she had died today, when she was just starting to look like she could pull through again.
    She got to go to her junior prom last week. I don't know why of all the people in this world he took her.
    Heaven is a much better place now with her smile cheering everyone up.
    I don't remember even in her worst times ever seeing her with anything other than that brilliant light up the world smile on her face.
    She is gone now, and her memory will live on forever in the hearts of all of us who loved her.
    Just wanted to share with everyone, I don't know how I feel right now. I am still in shock that she is gone.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very strong and brave person. Prayers for her family and you as well.

I grieve w/ you....

Sorry for this loss...friends and family are added to my DC list.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Get peace now in your life knowing she is no longer in pain and in a far far better place. Her work here was done and she showed others, you included, how to percivere in the face of adversity by the way she lived her life.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm sorry for your loss. Take some comfort,if you can, that she is no longer in pain. Sounds like you and many more are better for having known her and witnessed her courageous journey.

She sounds like a special girl. Sometimes we don't know why God does what he does, but it sounds like her area of the world is much better for the little time she was part of it.

My prayers go out for her family and friends.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

Prayers sent for her and her family. It's hard to lose those who you love, both friends and family, but your life is better for having known her, and I think you helped her on her journey as well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Cancer is many different conditions. Each as wicked as next. My wife had a cancer (Hodgkins Disease) when we got married. She defeated it but the going was rough at times. Your friend is at peace now with no pain. Our prayers go out to her family and friends. Treasure her memmories.

Describes a kid that I coached in soccer, almost to the letter. He was a good kid and never gave up. I frequently remember him, and smile. I'm glad that I got to know him.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's a tough one for anyone. Keep her in your heart.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links