hate to say it, but, goodbye for now DC, or better yet, see you in a few years

This is a discussion on hate to say it, but, goodbye for now DC, or better yet, see you in a few years within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well defensivecarry forums, the time has come to part ways for a bit. The army has decided that the wife, the 3 kids, and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hate to say it, but, goodbye for now DC, or better yet, see you in a few years

hate to say it, but, goodbye for now DC, or better yet, see you in a few years

Well defensivecarry forums, the time has come to part ways for a bit. The army has decided that the wife, the 3 kids, and I would better serve the needs of the Army living in Vincenza Italy for the next few years. I joined the forum in Oct of 2007, and have learned quite a bit from my fellow forum members. Unfortunately it is simply not possible for us to take any of our guns with us, and so for the last few weeks i have been slowly and reluctantly parting ways with my babies. We are looking at spending a few years there, and not sure where we ill be returning to afterwards, and so I decided to sell rather than store them.

Thank you DC for all you have taught me!!!!!
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully you are giving your weapons to family members for safekeeping and not selling them..... good luck and thanks for your service.

Cool

Good Luck and God Speed. Remember the computer is world wide if you ever want to drop back by.

Thank you for serving your country sir !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Well, as they say in Italy, "Tutte le strade conducono a Roma".

'Safe travels and thank you for your service.

Best of luck to you and your family. Think of it this way, you probably won't be getting nagged about a trip to Italy someday. Thanks for your service. Like others have said try to stow your firearms with family or a trusted friend, who nows what could happen in 4 years regarding price and legal issues. Hmmm, idea for the military: A program that insures safe storage and return of firearms possessed by service men and women who are stationed overseas.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your guns. Just because you are over seas doesn't mean you can't stay in touch from time to time, the internet is supposed to be world wide. Just kiddin. Stay safe and thanks for your service.

"In boca a'lupo!"

And don't feel you need to sign off just because you're separated from your hardware... remember, the mind is the weapon, the rest are just tools.

Stay safe.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Wish you the best, stay safe! No need to drop off the radar.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thank you for serving and good luck with the move. There is one caveat to this. You can eat your way around that country! I have never been, but I love to cook Italian and Mediteranian. Enjoy your stay!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Thank you for your continuing service.

Good Luck and stay safe
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

God bless you and your family. Thank you for your service.

VIP Member
    Thanks for your service. Good luck with your new assignment. Give a lurk once in a while. It's not called the world wide web for nothing. Too bad you can't find a way to store your babies. Who knows what they'll cost when you get back. Then again maybe you have some other guns in mind for the future.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    God Bless and safe travels, I hope you have a great stay in Italy and that your family enjoys it as well.

As for the guns, I'd find anyone you trust to keep them for you, for however long it takes. I'll volunteer. Record the serial numbers, do a private document that states those weapons are in so-and-so's hands, and then retrieve them when you can.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Best of luck to you and your family. Think of it this way, you probably won't be getting nagged about a trip to Italy someday. Thanks for your service. Like others have said try to stow your firearms with family or a trusted friend, who nows what could happen in 4 years regarding price and legal issues. Hmmm, idea for the military: A program that insures safe storage and return of firearms possessed by service men and women who are stationed overseas.
    Actually, that may be a good idea for a small business, temporary storage of arms. Figure out a way to charge a fair price, and store peoples guns for them.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links