Another quick update on Scotty

This is a discussion on Another quick update on Scotty within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; His MRI was moved up due to a very strong and protracted headache (a 9 out of 10 that lasted for 4 days straight) and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another quick update on Scotty

His MRI was moved up due to a very strong and protracted headache (a 9 out of 10 that lasted for 4 days straight) and I am sad to say that even to my untrained eye, I can tell the cyst is much larger than it was when he was 3. On the surface, the part you see on a CT scan, it looks the same. But on the MRI scan they showed to us, it is apparent that the cyst has extended inward, and now snakes down between the two hemispheres of his brain. This was not the case when he had the MRI at 3 years old.

The Neurosurgeon is reviewing the MRI and we will be seeing him next week to see what his recommendations are.

We are currently looking for a new general practice doctor because I was tired of his attitude that Scotty was hyping this and they my wife and I were over reacting about all of it. I just barely kept from telling him to go to hell at the last office visit yesterday. But I did tell him he had made his last dollar from us.

Sadly, Scotty seems to be becoming used to the pain at what he calls the normal level of 4. that breaks my heart more than I can tell you. He's just 9 years old and the thought of him becoming used to living with constant pain kills me.

I will let everyone know how the next Neuro visit goes and as always, I am very appreciative of the prayers.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

You and your family are all in my thoughts, Mike.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Mike,

Still praying for Scotty and all of you.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Kudos on not burning the bridge with the doc. While he may be a dim wit you still want to get the full benefit of what he's done so as long as you're cordial you will get the good info passed on to another doctor with far less hassle.

If it's any consolation, rest assured that there are thoughts and prayers for you and yours. Hang tight and know your time to take a breather will come.

Mike, my prayers are with you and your family. Scotty "getting used to" a pain level 4 headache tells me you've got a brave young man on your hands... praying for him and his medical care team, including the ones you haven't met yet.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Still on my DC list...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You and your family are in my prayers
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Mike,

You and your family are still very much in our prayers...sounds like you have one TOUGH and determined young man on your hands. As always, wishing you and especially Scotty all the best.

-J.D.
    Libertas Vel Mors

I'm praying for your son and family.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Prayers for your son. I understand more than you can imagine.

YOU, are the one that has to take the fight up for him, but you know that already. Don't let them give you shrug off answers, and ask them if they can't answer it... then who's the "BEST" and ask if they have consulted with them. PUSH. Doctors can be like the old story on mules, you may have to knock them across the head with a 2X4 in order to get their attention first.

I hope for his sake, he's a fighter and determined enough to not let it get the best of him.

Break a leg, as we all hope that there is something they can do for him .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Good move on the doc, TN_Mike.

Prayers & hopes.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I live with chronic pain,your little guy is a trooper and with his attitude and the right doctor will hopefully come out on top swinging.Hang in there
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Thoughts and prayers going out for Scotty and the rest of the family.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Mike, I only know you through this site yet I understand your feelings. We will pray for your family. Best wishes.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Mike, my prayers are with you and your family. Scotty "getting used to" a pain level 4 headache tells me you've got a brave young man on your hands... praying for him and his medical care team, including the ones you haven't met yet.

What^^^^^^gasmitty^^^^^said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Prayers sent.

Hopefully you recieve the proper care close to home.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links