Stephen A Camp passed away today - Page 2

Stephen A Camp passed away today

This is a discussion on Stephen A Camp passed away today within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Very bad news. He was very knowledgeable and he was always more than willing to share his knowledge with other people. He was one of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stephen A Camp passed away today

GM
    Very bad news. He was very knowledgeable and he was always more than willing to share his knowledge with other people. He was one of a kind and he will certainly be missed. R.I.P Mr. Stephen Camp.
    ksblazer likes this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Exchanged a couple of emails with him, seemed like a great guy. I saw his J-frame and 1911 books in my closet yesterday and thought "I need to read that again sometime", didn't know he had passed.
    RIP and thanks for the knowledge, sir.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Certainly a sad day in the firearm community. I know he will be sorely missed. Great writer, sharing his knowledge with many people. He had a lot of fans.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    My condolences to his family, friends, and all to whom he shared his considerable knowledge. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Assistant Administrator
    Just heard about this - how very very sad and my thoughts go out to all family and friends.

I 'knew' Stephen over many years in the forums and have one or two of his books. A man with a passion for the Browning and a wealth of knowledge - as well as a staunch activist in the 2A arena. What a loss - I shall remember him very fondly for all that he brought to the second amendment and firearms ownership.

R.I.P Stephen.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    His death is a great loss to the online gun community... I was a big fan of Hi Powers and Handguns.
    Hakkaa päälle!

R.I.P Mr. Camp
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

R.I.P. Mr Camp, prayer on the way for family and friends.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

RIP Steve Camp

Hello Johnny,
    Learning of Steve's death greatly saddens me. My Father was Capt. Neal at the Denton Co. Sheriffs Office many moons ago. I can honestly say that Steve was one of the greatest men that my Father ever knew, worked with, and partied with after hours. He was a soft spoken man who always gave you as much respect as you gave him. Always willing to lend a helping hand if you needed it and could always be counted on in a pinch.
    Even though it's been 25 plus years since I've seen the man myself I can still personally vouch for how good a friend he was to our family.
    He was a great man and will be GREATLY missed!
    Jim Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Very sad news.I learned so much from his writings. R.I.P.

From The High Road Forum :

Stephen Camp dead at 59
    A great firearms enthusiast and fine friend, Steve Camp, died on Friday from a brain aneurysm.

Steve and I were introduced by Jim Wilson, in about 1968. Jim was a Denton cop and I a county prosecutor's investigator. Steve was a college student then, and later joined Denton Police. He retired several years ago after a long and honorable career. Steve was a tireless worker for Second Amendment rights and very active with National Rifle Assn. and Texas State Rifle Assn. He was one of those most active in TSRA having the Texas CHL law passed. A recognized authority on Browning Hi Power pistols, he was a published author, blogger, and on staff at various firearms interest boards.

Since we both retired a few years back, I haven't seen near enough of Steve, which I greatly regret. He was some eight years younger than me . . . . I'd been in touch with Steve by e-mail within the past couple of weeks, concerning pending legislation. He found what I needed and replied promptly. We'd been meaning to get together for lunch or something for a while, but hadn't gotten around to it.

Late addition: Typical of Steve's generous nature, he was an organ donor. The useful bits may have been harvested by now, and funeral arrangements are pending at DeBerry Funeral Home, Denton.
    RIP, Esteban

Johnny Guest
    JD likes this.

So sad. His insights and his gentlemanly example will always be appreciated.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

He will be truly missed. I really enjoyed reading his evaluations of defensive pistols and ammunition. A firearm enthusiast's friend if there if ever was one.
    God bless our troops!

I'm a little late to reply as I was away from my computer when this happened.

Thoughts and prayers to his family. I've enjoyed reading his writings in magazines and on forums.

You will be missed
    "Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"

VIP Member
    dangit I hate to hear this, I had no idea until tonight, I really likes his write-ups on his blog and his posts on here and other sites

he will be missed............
    Tribute to a Forty-Five...
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    RIP Mr. Camp.

I just learned of your passing. I have spent tons of hours pouring over your articles. Thank you sir for all that you did to advance the shooting fraternity. You will be GREATLY missed.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I didn't know...

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    May he rest in peace.

I always enjoyed reading his articles, he was very knowledgeable, and quite a good writer.
    I am just now hearing that this incredible man has passed. It is a shame that there aren't more like him in this world. Incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. I e-mailed him once or twice with a question regarding my Hi Power and his reply was very prompt and helpful. He seemed like a very nice man. Every time I read his articles on his website, I always thought that it was a shame that some big gun magazine hadn't hired him to write for them. Mostly because he seemed to be a better writer and more knowledgeable than so many of the so-called experts that write for the magazines. R.I.P. Mr. Camp, and thank you for sharing your knowledge and insights with us.

Larry Campbell
    Hickory, NC
    Last edited by LarryNC; October 15th, 2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    QKShooter likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links