JD is going to be a Daddy.. again.

This is a discussion on JD is going to be a Daddy.. again. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Congrats...I agree with Bug Dude. Give the kid a strong traditional name. I like Jack, Henry and Christopher for boys. Emily, Lillian and Vivian for ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: JD is going to be a Daddy.. again.

Congrats...I agree with Bug Dude. Give the kid a strong traditional name. I like Jack, Henry and Christopher for boys. Emily, Lillian and Vivian for girls

The funky names are all cute and original but they still have to be Dakota or Montana when they are 80. LOL Its like a tattoo they cant remove. LOL And trust me...my name is a traditional name but spelled different than others and it is annoying to never have your name spelled right by others. So no funky spellings either.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats to both of you, good luck with the name choosing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Congratulations. It's nice to have them close in age so they can thump on each other instead of you. What's in a name? A rose would smell as sweet by any other name. I hope the summer goes well for you, now that you're really carrying!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member
    Congrats you crazy kids! :)
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Welll, congratulations to you two. Henry would work wee, for the Henry rifle. That way you get the gun name and a traditional name all in one. Kimberly would work for a young lady.
    But no matter the name may the child be born healthy. That is realy the only thing that counts. I am blessed, all 4 of mine were healthy at birth. Bless you both.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    this little Reload
    Well, I think we have a nickname for this one. Lump has already been used, reload it is!
    limatunes likes this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Anyway as to suggestions. Are either of you particularly interested in your family heritage?
    We are kind of doing that if we have a girl. We already have a girl name picked out that has a portion of JD's mother's name in the name. We're not against using family names but I have a huge family and a lot of the family names have already been used and passed down so that family reunions are already going to be confusing enough..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Congratulations, how about “Backup” for a name.
    We already call this little one "Reload." Best nickname we could come up with on short notice. This was NOT expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Congrats, We has 4 before putting on the brakes....
    My parents did the same thing. They "said" they were done at 2 and ended up having 5. I laugh whenever Mom says that because they certainly could have fixed things if they were REALLY done..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    "Jessie" ..... works with either a boy or girl.
    Neither JD nor myself are in to the gender neutral names. Although Jessie isn't a bad name.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Congrats...I agree with Bug Dude. Give the kid a strong traditional name. I like Jack, Henry and Christopher for boys. Emily, Lillian and Vivian for girls

The funky names are all cute and original but they still have to be Dakota or Montana when they are 80. LOL Its like a tattoo they cant remove. LOL And trust me...my name is a traditional name but spelled different than others and it is annoying to never have your name spelled right by others. So no funky spellings either.
    Agreed. I like good, strong names. As stated though, my whole family has a strong male line with strong male names and finding one that isn't already used to death is getting a bit difficult. I like Kevin or Jack or Luke or even George but they are heavy in my family.

Thanks, everyone, for your congrats. Even though we were surprised we are pretty excited.

See what happens when you don't practice good gun safety,ya get an AD,name him Adie
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    AD pronounced Adie
    For a girls we're actually thinking Adelle or some variation thereof, so "AD" would actually be a probably nickname.

VIP Member
    Congrads.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Congrats to you both!

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Congrats Hope all goes well with the remodel and the Reload.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I like Gabriel (as in the angel) for a boy...one of my favorite stories in the Bible is Luke 1:19-20. Moral of the story - don't piss off an angel of God!

Congrats to you both!
    packinnova likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Congratulations to you both!

Gives "one in the chamber" a whole new meaning!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Wow...Congrats. I suppose that's a nice surprise to get. Although...2 birthdays on the same day...that's going to be an interesting bday party plan.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links