Went and had my annual physical.......interesting results...........

This is a discussion on Went and had my annual physical.......interesting results........... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; hey all, had my annual a couple weeks ago......been feeling very tired, no energy and pretty much lost interest in doing anything except laying on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Went and had my annual physical.......interesting results...........

hey all,

had my annual a couple weeks ago......been feeling very tired, no energy and pretty much lost interest in doing anything except laying on the couch......

my doctor ran a full battery of tests and found two things wrong:

my Vitamin D levels were almost non-existent, he told me this was very common among people, and put me on 50K units a week for a couple months and 5K daily after that........i don't get outside that much because i always "burn" instead of tan....im light skinned......and there is really no good source in food......my doc said even Vitamin D milk does not have very much in it......

also, my testosterone levels were very low, and i have to have an MRI next week to make sure there is no tumor or anything in my brain causing it, then after that take testosterone supplements........Doc said this is also very common even among younger men (im 42).....and this is why im feeling so tired and depleted.........

just wanted to share in case any of you other guys are feeling this way, might help to go to the doctor and get checked

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    hey all,

had my annual a couple weeks ago......been feeling very tired, no energy and pretty much lost interest in doing anything except laying on the couch......

my doctor ran a full battery of tests and found two things wrong:

my Vitamin D levels were almost non-existent, he told me this was very common among people, and put me on 50K units a week for a couple months and 5K daily after that........i don't get outside that much because i always "burn" instead of tan....im light skinned......and there is really no good source in food......my doc said even Vitamin D milk does not have very much in it......

also, my testosterone levels were very low, and i have to have an MRI next week to make sure there is no tumor or anything in my brain causing it, then after that take testosterone supplements........Doc said this is also very common even among younger men (im 42).....and this is why im feeling so tired and depleted.........

just wanted to share in case any of you other guys are feeling this way, might help to go to the doctor and get checked

Bruce
    I'm 52, been on 3k of Vitamin D for a while and Androgel for a few years. Worst part about getting older, the dreaded prostate exam.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Androgel??? is that the testosterone supplement????? can you tell me about this stuff?? any side effects from taking it??

Administrator
    I take C & D & CoQ10, Tumeric, Krill OIl & Concentrated Green Tea every day.

i also take the KRill oil, the Mega Red.....just started it.....does it really lower your cholesterol and tri-glycerides?????

Administrator
    "the dreaded prostate exam."

I think they can check for prostrate Cancer with just a simple blood test these days. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    Androgel??? is that the testosterone supplement????? can you tell me about this stuff?? any side effects from taking it??
    It's a gel, applied once daily, either to the stomach area, or shoulders and upper arms. It was either that, or a shot once a month.

Also on cholesterol meds. Started with Lipitor, worked fine for a few years, then started with muscle aches. Pravachol for a couple of months, it did not work for me. Now Crestor, it seems to be doing the job well. Good, bad cholesterol and triglycerides at levels the Dr. is OK with.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Bruce,

Have him check your thyroid levels. Underproduction of T3 and T4 hormones can also cause your symptoms. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2003 and had it removed. I need to take replacement hormones for the rest of my life but my energy level is now excellent!

Good luck!
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SAR in FL View Post
    Bruce,

Have him check your thyroid levels. Underproduction of T3 and T4 hormones can also cause your symptoms. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2003 and had it removed. I need to take replacement hormones for the rest of my life but my energy level is now excellent!

Good luck!
    yeah, he checked thyroidss, those were okay...........and i hope when i start taking this testosterone i will feel good with energy, too :)

PSA is a blood test = Prostate Specific Antigens = early cancer markers. No more coughs unless the Doc thinks you're a jerk.

Of the various supplements you can take, CoQ10, Omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D are probably the best.

Here's why: The ATP equation is a complicated sequence and it ends with CoQ10. So that gives you an edge, energy wise. Omega 3s are excellent, and you can't OD on them. The more the better. Vitamin D protects against all kinds of things. Also, resveratrol is a powerful anti-oxidant.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I was on the Androderm patch for the past year and a half. I let it go a couple months ago, and I need to probably get back on it, but I was still "worn out" on it. Thanks for your post, I'm gonna look into the Vitamin D thing.

The testosterone did help me some, but I've got something else draining me--possibly 2 fulltime jobs and a high maintenance wife!

The only side effects I had, were when I first started using the patches, I felt a little "edgy", and would kinda go off on little things, but that went away within a couple weeks. If you already have an enlarged prostate, it can make that a little worse, but Saw Palmetto worked well for me to keep it in check. My wife said it made her more attracted to me--who knows. If you get too much you'll know it.

BTW, don't let your wife get that stuff on her--she'll grow a mustache and back hair--I'm serious. All kinds of warnings about that on the label.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar

over 40

Congradulations ! you've passed the age when our bodys start to act up and you learn what the doctor's office is and pharmacy is. I took testosterine injections for a couple of years main ly because I was hoping for good side effects as I didn't like the pills as they weren't natural for me.I 've had my blood tested and my reading have been good. one of the beneifical effects of testosterine is it protects you ferom heart attacks.I been a diabetic that I've
    know for 10 years but Thinking back I can remember as a kid I was very sensitive if I didn't eat on a regular schedule.I hope your Doctoc checking you for blood glocose should be 80-120. It funny I've been after my doctors
    for last two years two test my thyorid as my gradmother had issues with hers,my mother did,my kid sister does!

gOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY !

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    PSA is a blood test = Prostate Specific Antigens = early cancer markers. No more coughs unless the Doc thinks you're a jerk.
    I wondered why my Doc had to probe even after my PSA.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "the dreaded prostate exam."

I think they can check for prostrate Cancer with just a simple blood test these days. Just FYI.
    They can but it seems the doctor always has to do the “exploration”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links