I broke my foot

This is a discussion on I broke my foot within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got over the knee surgery the end of March great, been playing golf, and all has been super. Sunday night, my wife left her ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I broke my foot

I broke my foot

I got over the knee surgery the end of March great, been playing golf, and all has been super. Sunday night, my wife left her suitcase in the floor right where I have to walk to go to bed, in the dark, and I tripped over it. Hoped it would get better, but this morning I was screaming just pulling a sock over my foot. Had x-rays and went to the Orthopod and it's broken. I'm claiming that my wife broke it. Anyway, back to hobbling around for a while, this time on an aircast. It's always something.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Sorry to hear this. Bummer bummer bummer. Bet there were a few bowling words used.

I've heard of plenty of people tripping over their dog, esp at night.

Dang! Sorry to hear about your mishap.... If it was me, I'd milk that one for all its worth with the wife.

Get well soon!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry about the bump in the night. My wife would have been laughing her arse off...it's just what she does when I trip or fall.

BugDude, forget buying that lottery ticket this week.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There you were just minding your own business, and wham! Your wife just ups and breaks your foot.

I hope that you two weren't watching 'Misery' recently

Seriously, Murphy's just kicking your butt, lately I sympathize with ya
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Well, I think the only thing that will stop the pain is a new Dan Wesson or Les Baer!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hiram25 read my mind. Your gal owes you a new gun for your pain and suffering!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Let's just say she was awoken during my mishap by a string of choice words that would have probably made a sailor blush. I'm milking this for all it is worth. I don't get too many chances to legitimately give her a hard time since I'm usually the goofball. It's all in fun though...stuff happens and you've just got to roll with it. I am peeved that I was getting my golf game back in shape and BAM. I'll be starting over again. I think she was sensing my enjoyment of golf and set this trap to squash my fun.

I have had a run of bad luck, but I've been comforted by some new purchases recently. I still haven't put my new G30 through the paces yet. Just one mag through it. Supposed to have a G23 coming soon too. I think I'm going to have to thin out the heard though...safe is getting crowded.

Wait til ya have kids,you will never walk around barefoot again after you find aan action figure with your footsie
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Wait til ya have kids,you will never walk around barefoot again after you find aan action figure with your footsie
    I've got a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son...I've stepped on more hotwheels cars at night barefooted than I care to think about. That's now why I keep flip flops at my bedside at night.

Look on the bright side, it wasn't your trigger finger she broke. LOL! Here's to a quick recovery.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    now you must get to the range twice as often--you have to take this opportunity as a 'cripple' to practice new and other techniques to compensate for the bad whatever, silver lining and all that....plus at this lower level, it bears buying more of.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Administrator
    I did something similar a couple of summers ago- I feel your pain. I was told I'd be down 6-8 weeks, but it ended up being about 4. I hope you get as lucky too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    The "old suitcase in the floor trick"... thats one of the first things they teach them at wife school to keep us off the golf course. Hope you're back up and around sooner than they think.
    pinklady likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I think I'm going to have to thin out the herd though...safe is getting crowded.
    No, no, no... you're thinking about this all wrong. You don't need to thin the herd. You need another safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    The "old suitcase in the floor trick"... thats one of the first things they teach them at wife school to keep us off the golf course.
    I *knew* someone was spying on us...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links