Girl WINS!!

This is a discussion on Girl WINS!! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm voting for girl. I've always thought that I'd love to have a boy, and actually quite dreaded having a girl. But ever since I ...

View Poll Results: Boy or Girl?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy

28 50.91%
  • Girl

27 49.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Girl WINS!!

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    I'm voting for girl. I've always thought that I'd love to have a boy, and actually quite dreaded having a girl.

But ever since I knew Anna was going to be a girl (both my wife and I are "Type A," and we needed to know, so we could start preparing), I discovered a soft place in my heart that I had never before come across. I'm no tough-guy, but having Anna has allowed me to let go of any of my own preconceived notions about how gentle a man can be - and should be. Yes, I'm still the disciplinarian of our household: if I even drop my eyes in displeasure, Anna will break down. But at the same time, she truly has me wrapped around her little finger, and there's *nothing* that daddy wouldn't do for her. People I barely know tell me that as soon as they realize that I'm a parent, they know that it's a daughter.

Besides, it's so much more fun to dress a girl than it is a boy.

I'm rooting for a girl, but like everyone else, I simply wish that whoever is in there, he/she is healthy.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    I'm voting for girl. I've always thought that I'd love to have a boy, and actually quite dreaded having a girl.
    You just described JD's and my mindset when finding out the sex of baby #1. I was literally up ALL NIGHT the night before that ultrasound psyching myself up for a girl so that I wouldn't be "disappointed" when the tech said "it's a girl!" lol.

JD really wanted his boy and I was TERRIFIED of having a girl.

When the tech said he was a boy I'm not kidding when I say I let out a HUGE sigh of relief and said, "THANK GOD!" I told JD I was actually afraid I would start crying if she said it was a girl... that's how terrified I was of having a girl.

But having our son and being a parent for a while has really softened my heart to the idea of a girl. Yeah, I still kind of want another boy but I am completely at peace with the prospect of having a girl and will be very happy and excited if this little one actually is a girl.

I just don't want to have to buy all the clothes over again..lol.

We also are the type who HAS to know the sex. I do not have the patience to find out at the delivery.

Regardless, you'll both be thrilled, and it'll be healthy too. What's not to love, eh?

VIP Member
    I'm predicting ten fingers and ten toes. I'm also predicting two very proud parents.
    limatunes likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    I was wrong last time, so I'll say girl this time around.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Boy; congratulations to you both!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

How exciting! My wife and I are trying for our 2nd. I have a girl that will be 2 in sept. Hope to get a boy and then quit.

Good luck!

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I'm not going to make any predictions, I just want to say congratulations. Boy or girl, I'm sure you will both be very happy.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    As long as the child is healthy is the important part.

But I'm gonna vote girl, so that in 16 years you and JD can sit at the table cleaning shotguns, scaring away boys.
    ^ This
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Administrator
    Well?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    It's a girl! Update in original post.

Administrator
    Awesome! Be prepared to sit in the second chair for JD's heart.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats! Little girls are made of sugar and spice, and my 12 yr old is a better shot than both her brothers!
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Congrats

Congrats!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links