Have you hugged your pets today.

This is a discussion on Have you hugged your pets today. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lost my 13 year old Chocolate lab last July 3rd,I got a Rescue mutt a few months ago and she is pretty good most of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you hugged your pets today.

Lost my 13 year old Chocolate lab last July 3rd,I got a Rescue mutt a few months ago and she is pretty good most of the time.I feel your pain and watching a pet pass is never easy,but at least they know they were loved
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. I've not lost a pet as an adult so I can only imagine how you are feeling.

I'm gonna go give my dog a big body hug.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Being a pet owner myself, I find it very difficult to even type after reading this. It hits way to close to home. Last fall we had to have Mimi, our 25 year old Siamese cat put down. That wasn't real bad because you expect it. In January we had to put our female greyhound Annie down because she suffered a spinal injury in a fall. Traumatic to say the least. Last weekend we had to have our male greyhound Scotty put down because of bone cancer. Right now I can't make it through a day without my eyes welling up. We were real close.

But we will get through it and get another greyhound in another few weeks. So many dogs and cats need good homes. For me a short period of pain is a small price to pay for the love I get on a daily basis.

P.S. I still have 4 cats and an Australian Cattle Dog named Maizey! I gotta go give em some love!
    Question Everything!

Condolances. You can find some comfort in knowing you provided a good home, love and companionship.

We've been through this four times. It doesn't get any easier.

We have two dogs we talk to and hug every day. Can't beat their unconditional love.
    USN Retired

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I know our little buddy often feels more Like a family member than a pet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "With great firepower comes great responsibility."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links