Newest Member of Zipper Club

This is a discussion on Newest Member of Zipper Club within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Haven't been online for about a week since I had a heart attack early AM on 07-14-11. Underwent Cath procedure to determine extent of blockage ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newest Member of Zipper Club

Haven't been online for about a week since I had a heart attack early AM on 07-14-11. Underwent Cath procedure to determine extent of blockage only to learn it was a lot worse then expected and was then scheduled for triple bypass on Mon, 07-18-11. So now I'm finally home, doped to the gills, and a 7 1/2" scar straight down my sternum. So it looks like I'm gonna be on vacation for awhile......
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

VIP Member
    Welcome to the club BTDT, just be sure to follow the doctor’s orders to the letter. I had mine a year and a half ago and am still recovering. As soon as your doctor advises enroll in a cardiac rehab program, it has helped me speed up my recovery. Best of luck to you and enjoy the pain meds, they change that Clydesdale sitting on your chest to a Yorkie.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

When I first read the heading I thought you zipped your thang up
    adric22 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

lol! welcome to the form. and hope you heal ok.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    When I first read the heading I thought you zipped your thang up
    Less painfull that the open heart sugrery.. Feel better.

VIP Member
    Yikes. 'Glad you pulled thru it.

Genetically, I'll likely be in the zipper club too someday. Maybe they'll have zip-locks by then...

It's a good thing they have a lot of the medical treatments they do nowadays,something tells me they better have a "crash" cart handy when you get the bill
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

WIll pray for speedy and restful recovery!
    S&W 640-3

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Prayers sent.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, I'm not part of the club, and hope to stay that way. But you have my wishes to get better.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Glad your home

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaddaBoom View Post
    Haven't been online for about a week since I had a heart attack early AM on 07-14-11. Underwent Cath procedure to determine extent of blockage only to learn it was a lot worse then expected and was then scheduled for triple bypass on Mon, 07-18-11. So now I'm finally home, doped to the gills, and a 7 1/2" scar straight down my sternum. So it looks like I'm gonna be on vacation for awhile......
    Too bad it takes over 7 years to get new medical products into service in the USA. Check out this site:

Cardica - Products

Till I retired I worked on a portion of these products. It accomplishes a bypass thru a small hole in the chest. it attaches the new bypass by cutting the vein and then placing 21 micro staples in just a single click of the trigger (12 micro-seconds or so. Just thought you would be interested.

Good luck to you. I'm sure you will see great improvements soon. Even tho better is coming your surgery is still light years ahead of what you would have experienced a few years ago.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Welcome to the club ... mine was 10 yrs ago this month.

ChestZipper.jpg

Take good care ...
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."
    John Wayne

jyo
    Glad you came thru it OK---they told me I was going in for a zipper, then the morning of the operation, my nurse said no, you're geting a stent---that was three and a half years ago---so far, so good. Recover well amigo!

So you must be done huggin the pillow...hope you get to do "rehab" it was a big help with me..."rehab" allowed me to get familiar and comfortable with my body and the changes that a 4VCABS gives you...allowed me to test the "new" heart out spin it up.....Been 11years...soon 12 years..never been healthier....no issues..except the amazing Keloid that has taken over my zipper... goodLuck

Good to hear that you made it thru the heart attack and the procedure safely! Hang in there and get healed up, and don't rush the recovery. You survived the warning and the fix, I'd say the good lord is smiling on you.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links