I'm HAPPY!

This is a discussion on I'm HAPPY! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's our 23rd Wedding Anniversary today. I jokingly tell my beloved bride that it's sure been the best six years of HER life! The reality ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'm HAPPY!

Wink I'm HAPPY!

It's our 23rd Wedding Anniversary today. I jokingly tell my beloved bride that it's sure been the best six years of HER life! The reality is that it's been the best time of mine. Lemme tell you, from my perspective the secret to a happy long term relationship is simple. Memorize two phrases and really MEAN them.

#1 "YES DEAR." Whatever she wants to do, wherever she wants to go, I happily go along and I'll go almost anywhere as long as I'm armed. The details of where and when usually dictate how I dress and what I carry along with how many reloads I carry.

#2 "I'M SORRY, I WAS WRONG." Usually it's really my fault anyway, but even if I feel it's not, this principle illustrates the reality that if momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy! It only hurts to say this guys, the first few times and trust me, it helps make everything go soooooo smoothly... I'm looking forward to the next 23 years and counting ......
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Happy Anniversary ExSoldier to you and your bride. I wholeheartedly agree with your advice. Be truthful now, how long did it take you to figure those out? Some of us are slow learners and perhaps didn't figure those out as quickly as others did.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Wisdom that is seldom shared, yet priceless indeed. Maybe I shoundn't say seldom shared maybe I should say seldom listened to. Wise words to say the least.

Happy Anniversary!
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

If your happy and you know it clap your hands clap clap,if your happy and you know it clap your hands clap clap,if your happy and you know it then your face will surely show it If your happy and you know it clap your hands clap clap
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Happy Anniversary! If you find the right woman, life is really great. 45 and counting!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Happy Anniversary! If you find the right woman, life is really great. 45 and counting!
    I agree, and in 11 more days, it'll be 40 for us.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    X2 It will be ours in the middle of September, 46 and counting. Great advice for sure..
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Congrats. Wish I could say the same. But I think I have found a winner and I will concur, it is an awesome thing.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

OD*
    Happy Anniversary!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congratulations! I like that you still call your wife, your bride. Happy Anniversary!

Administrator
    Congrats Ex.

Happy Anniversary!!!
    S&W 640-3

VIP Member
    Happy Aniversary!!

Wouldn't it be nice if both parties to the marriage would recognize the importance of #2.???

It would only make the marriage better.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Congrats...My wife and I did our one year in June. While I dont have to use those phrases, I have learned that as long as I participate acitvely with the decisions, she is fine with that. She hates when I just agree and offer no opinion.

I also am lucky wnough to have a wife that knows she is wrong occasionally too, but being able to admit when you are genuinely wrong regardless of your pride, goes a LONG way.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter64 View Post
    Happy Anniversary ExSoldier to you and your bride. I wholeheartedly agree with your advice. Be truthful now, how long did it take you to figure those out? Some of us are slow learners and perhaps didn't figure those out as quickly as others did.
    LOL Took me about three years. I was waaaay stoopid sometimes, typical selfish guy behavior. The first time I said it and really meant it, she stopped cold and dissolved crying into my arms. When we work together we are UNSTOPPABLE. She always asks my opinion on everything, whether it's what she wears, what she paints in her art and jewelry making pursuits and she is a degreed Jeweler, folks buy her stuff and she has all that blowtorch and kiln stuff going too. She asks for my input on everything. That's because I'm always honest with her and we work as a team. The only area where my input is PRIMARY is security of the home and family when outside the home. She trusts my judgment on all of that stuff and if we're on a trip outside the city to shop for her and I see somebody who sets off my "spidey sense" we leave the area no questions asked on her part. Many times I have spotted stuff that she misses in that realm and I make a self judgment to just let her keep having fun and I'll "monitor" the situation I have spotted and look for more. If it gets too uncomfortable for me -- I act to move us out and explain the situation later in the Jeep. She also knows how to take cover in a heartbeat so if the bullets start to fly unexpectedly I know I can handle the tactics without worrying about her. She knows how to get low and find real solid cover. She also knows how to reload my mags and I always keep a spare box of 50 Winchester Rangers in my Jeep Wrangler 4x4 for "emergencies." She knows what to do in an emergency. That's another reason we're the perfect team.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links