I'm married!!

This is a discussion on I'm married!! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Grats! Marriage can be a LOT of fun!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm married!!

Grats! Marriage can be a LOT of fun!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the marriage (40 years here)...sorry about the food loss. I think it's time to invest in a frig.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I really am ready to just buy one at this point. The food lost isn't even the worst part of it, really; it's that we are currently on our second refrigerator in this house, and it's been almost a month since we first told him about the need for another.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I really am ready to just buy one at this point. The food lost isn't even the worst part of it, really; it's that we are currently on our second refrigerator in this house, and it's been almost a month since we first told him about the need for another.
    Ask him if he wants you to just buy one & have him reimburse you for the expense since he seems to be too buys to take care of your basic needs or would he rather you forward your grocery bills to him...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Ask him if he wants you to just buy one & have him reimburse you for the expense since he seems to be too buys to take care of your basic needs or would he rather you forward your grocery bills to him...
    He supposedly has some warranty on the one we have now, and he has people from the store he bought it at coming to look at it today. So, making some progress, but not much. I was debating dragging it outside and just shooting it a few times, but I live inside city limits, and then I would have to pay to replace it.

I was pricing refrigerators yesterday, planning to just buy one and take it with me when I left.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    A sympathy card will soon be in the mail. :)

Congrats on the wedding! Now for the fun part. I got married a year ago this past July. For about three months after the wedding, everyone would ask the same question. "So, how's married life?" I answered normally at first but then after a couple of weeks, I decided to have a little fun with people. When they asked that same question, I would look at them straight-faced and say "It's horrible, why didn't anyone warn me?" The trick is to keep that same serious look on your face while they process what you just said, like you're expecting a serious answer. After a few seconds just laugh and let them in on it. I got many people with that one.

Congrats wishing you all the best .

Light a Fire on landlord

Hope all is well with boss give him / her some cake

VIP Member
    Congrats on getting married.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congratulations!!

Distinguished Member
    Congrats! Maybe you and the Mrs can use that 12 lb pork shoulder for target practice!

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Congrats! Maybe you and the Mrs can use that 12 lb pork shoulder for target practice!
    I've actually got an old toaster for that. Gonna see what a .45 can do to it.

Congrats dude!!! Remember you are partners in life to enjoy the good times and prop each other up in the hard times. The relationship will be whatever you both make it, so give it everything you've got. Everything else is details that you just have to sort through day in and day out.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Congrats and best wishes for you and the Mrs. As for the food. I'd deduct it from the next months rent check and send it along with an invoice for the food. The landlord can pass it on to his maintenance co if he wants to. You do have renter's rights and they're typically much more involved when renting a house, than an apartment. Check into it.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Congrats and best wishes for you and the Mrs. As for the food. I'd deduct it from the next months rent check and send it along with an invoice for the food. The landlord can pass it on to his maintenance co if he wants to. You do have renter's rights and they're typically much more involved when renting a house, than an apartment. Check into it.
    We're looking into it. We don't have receipts anymore- most of the frozen stuff was purchased before we moved here. We're figuring it out.... slowly....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links