I'm married!!

This is a discussion on I'm married!! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got married Saturday evening, in what I have been told was a beautiful and short ceremony. Had a wonderful time with friends and both parts ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm married!!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

I'm married!!

Got married Saturday evening, in what I have been told was a beautiful and short ceremony. Had a wonderful time with friends and both parts of my family, made almost everyone cry; it was great. Left the reception Saturday night, and stayed in a nearby hotel before driving down to Myrtle beach for a couple days.

Spent Sunday-Tuesday at the beach; 2 nights at one resort thanks to Living Social, and last night at another, nicer one because rates dropped and it was less than $100. Absolutely wonderful trip, no problems at all. And, yes, I was carrying the entire time. I don't get in the ocean because of bad jellyfish experiences.

Today, we get up, check out of the hotel, and drive home. Decide to stop and meet my mother for lunch because she lives at the halfway point. Made her cry again ('My baby's all grown up and m..m...married!!!!"- I was laughing so hard...). So, FINALLY get back home to Rock Hill, and the refrigerator that the landlord was supposed to have replaced while we were gone wasn't replaced. We got run around a little, but finally got an answer why- which wasn't good enough at all- and we're moving forward.

Had to call work and tell them that I could be as much as 4 hours late to work because the landlord hadn't done what he said he would. Since we have moved into this house- because of the landlord/refrigerator- we have lost over $300 in frozen food, plus 'fresh' foods that have been ruined by the refrigerator not working. (This is the SECOND not working refrigerator we've had since we moved into this house around 3 months ago)

So, to sum it all up; I got married, had a wonderful honeymoon, got home to find that my landlord hasn't done what was promised almost a month ago, AND made my boss angry all in less than a week.

I am ready to light someone/people on fire.

Thanks.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

LOL!!! Sorry about the fridge, but CONGRATS!!!!!! I pray you have a long and happy life together
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Congrats on your wedding! I've never dealt with a landlord but from what I've seen, heard, and read I'm happy to have not had that expierience.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Congrats Monday was my 26 yrs of marrige ; ) Good Luck & Stay safe
    H/D
    Last edited by hogdaddy; September 21st, 2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Forgot Day already ;-(
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Another one bites the dust!!!!!

Congratulations!!

If you are renting a house, try to find a refrigerator from someone to use and go from there.

Good luck

Behind every successful man there is a woman, behind every unsuccessful man there are two.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sounds like it would be cheaper to buy your own refrigerator rather than losing a buncha money in food every time is bargain shop ones bite the dust
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Congrats! Hope you have many happy years together. My honey and I will be married 46 years in March, and we went together for 4 years before we got hitched.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congradulations!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate it.

As for the house, I mentioned talking to the bank about buying a house, and she looked at me like I was crazy and asked how we would afford it.

The realty company we have been using for the past two years has been great. Every time we've had a problem, it was solved in a matter of days. We're still with the same company, but this property owner has his own 'maintenance people', instead of the ones that the realty company uses for everything else. So, we're at his mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Congrats! Hope you have many happy years together. My honey and I will be married 46 years in March, and we went together for 4 years before we got hitched.
    We have had just over 5 before the wedding.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Take a deep breath and count to...... Ah to heck with that. I'd be jacked up too if I lost that much food because of someone else's lame ax. But hey! Congrats on the new bride, and don't make her a widow, or an inmates wife by letting your frustration rule your situation; water off a ducks back in the big scheme of life.

Here's to a long and prosperous life together.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congradulations and wishing you a long and happy marriage!

My brother lives in Tega Cay so I know a little about the area you call home!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Congrats!!!!

Good luck to the both of you.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Congrats on the wedding. An old friend of mine once joked that every man is entitled to make that mistake once in their lives and some make it more than once. Hope yours is like mine, not a mistake. My wife and I have been married 20 years today and we both had to work different shifts today. She worked earlier and I'm still at work. As for the frig try this, ask the land lord to pay for the food and you will buy your own frig that you will take with you or sell to someone else when you move. Hope the best for you and yours.

VIP Member
    Congratulations. I hope you have fair winds and smooth sailing. The refrigerator is just a little test for you to keep your cool. Jeez, I wish I had that much food to store. We have to eat it as soon as we kill it.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Congratulations. Don't sweat the other stuff, focus on your wonderful new life together, the blessings you both have, and the many wonderful years you will grow together and love one another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links