Prayers needed for my Father...

This is a discussion on Prayers needed for my Father... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Update: I was in Phoenix again the last couple of days. He was in the hospital doing more tests. He has fluid build up in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Prayers needed for my Father...

Update: I was in Phoenix again the last couple of days. He was in the hospital doing more tests. He has fluid build up in his lungs and heart cavity that is cancer. They are doing surgery tomorrow morning to try to fix it but we were told the chemo and radiation have to stop because they fluid is cancer. After the surgery he is headed for hospice, they said there is no more reason to fight.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Spencer - praying for you and your family. This is a tough time of life, I went through it with my mom 20+ years ago. If you dad is a believer, he has much good to look forward to and while those left behind will grieve, they can also rejoice in his life here and in eternity with no suffering. If he is not a believer, you have time to have some frank conversations with him. I have had friends that had parents in this situation and they were able to finally get a hearing with their parents to discuss those things that really matter. Y'all are in my prayers.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    Oh, gosh, Spence. We are so, so sorry. 57. Praying for comfort, clarity, no pain or reduced pain for your dad and that if he hasn't, he'll reach out to Jesus.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Doing so right now,God Bless you and your family.

tts
    Praying for your brother.

Spencer

I am so sorry to hear things have taken this turn. We lost my Dad this past March. I do not envy what you are going through and what you will have to deal with in the future. My thoughts are with you.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links