My Dad Passed Away Yesterday Morning.

This is a discussion on My Dad Passed Away Yesterday Morning. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My deepest sympathies. Remember the good times, pass his lessons on to others, and he will honored....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My Dad Passed Away Yesterday Morning.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    My deepest sympathies. Remember the good times, pass his lessons on to others, and he will honored.

2. Remove Ads

You are truly blessed to have such a man raise you, mentor, and inspire you. It makes the loss more acute. Peace be with you. And thanks for a link to his book.
    Skillet Hot!

My condolences GunnyBunny.
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading.

Administrator
    A great man. R.I.P.

My condolences.

Sorry for your loss, it is very hard to loose someone that has been so large in your life, I lost mine five years ago, still think about him daily, you will also but things get better with time. Be thankful you had him that long. God Bless.

OD*
    Very sorry to read of your loss.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family...sorry for your loss.
    Proud NRA member

Do what he did, share those experiences with your kids, your grandkids, etc. as at some point we will all be there too. We hate it, but it is the cycle of life. When mine died, it reminded me of when their parents died (my grandparents) , and what they went thru, and their parents, etc...... with each generation having to experience it.

The worse part for me is years later saying to myself, I wish I would have asked him this ........... or that.

Pass on the stories about him, to your kids and grandkids as well. I can sure tell you some funny one's about my grandfather, great grandfather, and great great grandfather. They knew how to enjoy life.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    I am sorry to hear this.

I really enjoyed your head and heart descriptions. Yes, what a long wonderful life but boy oh boy that does not make it any easier. I just went through this in August with an aunt. As painful as it was to see unfold, I truly believe that she was teaching us about living and dying and challenging us with the spriritual considerations that accompany it. Even though you say he was a shell of a man, I think it is all part of the job he was doing to really coach you to understand life. Having said this I swear I am still dehydrated from all the tears. They just kept coming.

cg
    Bark'n and QKShooter like this.

VIP Member
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Guys like your Dad were truly the great generation, and will serve as an eternal example to us younger men and women.
    Last edited by ppkheat; October 3rd, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

If he made as great as an impact on you as it sounds, then he is always with you. Glad that you had a good relationship with your father, praying for him, you, and your family.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

I lost my Dad to liver cancer 5 years ago, it's hard as hell to see the man you've respected and admired for so long wither away before your eyes. I was thankful he was free of the hell cancer, diabetes, and the loss of my mother put him through but I miss him and wish they were both still here but healthy. Your father sounds like a great man always remember that. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss! Age at the time of passing doesn't take away the pain. We all lost a dedicated human being.... Prayers for you and your family.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words and condolences. Gunny and I appreciate it

Administrator
    Sounds like he made the most of his time here.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links