My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening - Page 3

My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

This is a discussion on My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 weeks ago had to sleep our 4th dog. a rescue who had 11.5 good years. the quiet hurts and i keep thinking i need ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    2 weeks ago had to sleep our 4th dog. a rescue who had 11.5 good years.
    the quiet hurts and i keep thinking i need to let her out.....

they mix so well in a family amd hurt truly when they are gone.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Sorry for your loss. They take your breath away and leave love in your heart.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

We all know that they are not just Dogs but they are really FAMILY. Lost my Golden Retriever and German Shephard about four years ago, they were 16 years old and it still hurts.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I've got two yellows at 8 years old now & I can only guess how hard it will be to see them go. I am truly sorry for your loss.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    We lost our 15 year old German Shorthaired Pointer just a couple months ago buddy so I know what you're going through.

Here's another version of the Rainbow Bridge for you.

The Rainbow Bridge

May you find some solace in playing it.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

So sorry for your loss, I have been there also with our springers. I like the idea of trading places the next time around. They've got the unconditional love part down, we humans benefit from that so much.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Last year I had to put my 13 year old Chocolate lab down,she was a sweetheart and we hunted several years together,when I broke my neck in 2002 after I got home she wouldn't leave my side except when she had to go out,and then came back and layed at my feet,8 years later to the day I broke my neck I had to have her euthanised,I cried like a baby.I finally got up the strength to look for a dog at the Rescue shelter about 4 months ago,the timing must of been right,I brought home a Lab/Greyhound mix that is just as sweet as "Lucky" was.One day I hope to be reunited with the pets that have gone before me,we know how you feel
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All I can say is I am sorry for your loss. I know what you are going thru I just had to put my 12 and a half year old saint bernard (chewy) to sleep last friday and it is hard. Good luck.

All of God's children are precious and this includes our animal friends as well as we humans. If only we could learn the lessons these friends try to teach us, how much better off we would be! Blessings on you and your friend. Someone once said that our loved who have "left us " are never really " gone" from us: they are here when we think of them and see a scene we have shared or smell a fragrance that reminds us of days that used to be. A poet has said:" There is no death:all the universe is life." Keep your beloved Friend in your heart and he/she will be with you wherever you are. You are not alone!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I shed a lot of tears throughout this whole, painful process. I'm very appreciative of the sympathies.....

-

I'm so very sorry for your loss...I feel your grief.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss. Fourteen years together is a true blessing, and yeah, they really are your best friend.

I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisified it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintence of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time? Sir Walter Scott

No words can fix the pain. Just be glad you gave a good friend a good life.

I too like others who have responded to your post have gone through the pain of losing a beloved pet.

As I type this, the 14 year old mix breed dog that my wife had when we met and came to live with me when the wife and I got married is upstairs on the bed with her. I have so much of my life now around that dog, that I just can't imagine her not being here.

I know that someday, again I will have to endure the pain of seeing another pet end up like that. There are no words of comfort to say, only that I feel that they will be where we go when we leave this world.

May God ease your pain in this time of loss.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sorry for your loss.Only a dog lover will understand is right.The guy i work with thought i was stupid for saying i care for my dogs more than some people i know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links