My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

This is a discussion on My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; alafan: Your post reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw(and I don't intend for this to be off the subject, but right on it!): ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

alafan: Your post reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw(and I don't intend for this to be off the subject, but right on it!): " The more I know people, the more I love my dog!" Those who have never loved a pet have passed up one of the greatest joys a human can know.
    babarock likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Man...you made me tear up. I lost my buddy Billy last year after 10 years of joy. That last visit to the vet still hurts, I wish you well my dog loving friend.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I'm sorry for your loss. Many of us have been there at least once and will be again. A few years ago I had to put down two of the sweetest kittens you would ever come across. Both developed FIP (feline infectious peritinitis). My wife had a border collie years ago that was the best friend she had during my wife's cancer treatments. We lost Mandy (the border collie) around Christmas 2003. Now that my wife and I own our house we have 7 cats and each one is a member of our family. The hurt is proportionate to the amount love shared. Take care of yourself. When the time is right another friend will show up to share.

I'm sorry for your loss.

We've lost 4 rottweilers over the years to cancer. It's hard but I think of it like a marriage "to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do us part" The only differences are you dog will love you no matter what and won't divorce you and take you for everything you have.

He gave you love and companionship and you walked with him that final trail.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Chevy,
    You have my condolences. Our four-legged, furry friends are a part of the family and losing one is difficult. It sounds like he had a good life and that's the best we can do for them while they're with us.

Senior Moderator
    Very sorry for your loss.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Sorry for your loss prayers sent your way.

Sent from my DroidX using Tapatalk

I feel your pain my friend. Im sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about this. My special pal is also 14 years old and I'm not sure how much longer she has. But I keep telling myself even if she dies tomorrow, I've given her a much better life than most cats could dream of. She's as spoiled and pampered as they come. Fresh food every few hours, special kitty treats twice a day, 10 minute petting and brushing sessions at least twice a day, long naps together on the weekends, etc. At least when she goes I'll know I did my best to give her a good life.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Sorry for your loss..

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am a little late in coming to this thread. Taking a beloved friend to the vet for the last time is both one of the absolute hardest and kindest things one can do. As my wife puts it, you get to love them for their entire life, including being there at the end. I too am very sorry to hear about your loss.
    babarock likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links