My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

This is a discussion on My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My 14-year old Black Lab lost his long battle with cancer. He was one of those rare animals that I established that 'special bond' with. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

My 4-legged pal lost his battle with cancer - the quiet is deafening

My 14-year old Black Lab lost his long battle with cancer. He was one of those rare animals that I established that 'special bond' with. Damn, I really miss him. Taking him to the vet for the final visit was probably the hardest thing I've ever done.

The love in those big, brown eyes is something that cannot be replaced. Before he left this world, I told him that in the next life I would be the dog and he can be the master.

Moral of the story - enjoy your family and 'friends' while they're here......

Peace and good health to all

-

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss, but take solace in the fact that he lived a long and what sounds like a happy life!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Remember "All Dogs Go to Heaven" take comfort in knowing that he is probably playing with Jesus !!! One day you will be with your friend again in Heaven. God Bless
    Guest1 likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    No words can express how you must feel right now. I wish you comfort in the happy memories of your departed best friend.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member
    Chevy SS my yellow lab and I send our thoughts to you. I just can't stand the though that dogs don't have a longer life span, we dog owners know this is coming and that stinks. I'm going to go hug my little one right now.

Take care. cg

I am very sorry for your loss

Deepest condolences to you. This ranks among life's most difficult times.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

They do really become part of your family. Take joy in knowing that he could not have done better anywhere else, he knows it and you should to!
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I Wish there were something more I could say to ease your pain than, "I''m Sorry!"

Been there far to many times over the years.

I can't live without my dogs.

Play the first one (top left) it has a song with it and it will let you release some pain. It has in the past for me.

rainbow bridge poem - Yahoo! Video Search

God Bless.

OS

In Memory of Lucky
    September 8, 2000-September 11,2010

photo-2.jpg
    Last edited by Old School; October 8th, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I feel your pain. In the last couple months Ive had to say goodbye to my little girls, Nikki a German Shephard mix that was 14 yrs old and I got her when she was 2 weeks old after her momma died. And Dusty, my lab that I got when she was 3months. She too was 14 years old. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do was face their last day, but they did live a long and very happy life and i take comfort in that. Sorry about your loss they truly are mans best friend.

Very sorry for your loss.... I've lost two pets that were members of the family, just in the last couple of years; one as close as a couple of months ago. I can relate pretty well.

Again, sorry for the loss, but this is where memories and pictures come in handy.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. :( I've been in your shoes (cancer sucks!) and know how deafening the silence can be. They may be gone but they are never forgotten.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Sorry for the loss. I've always thought that I was pretty tough but on the occasions of putting my dogs down my eyes leak and I'm certainly not ashamed of it. Find another one that needs your love.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    I'm very sorry. We lost our 12-yr old lab to lymphoma back in '06. We still talk and think about her, and look forward to the day when we see her again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links