Our 'packs' matriarch passed this morning

This is a discussion on Our 'packs' matriarch passed this morning within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; photo-2.jpg In memory of "Lucky" 09/11/2010 I am so sorry for your loss. I have been there far to many times over the years. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our 'packs' matriarch passed this morning

photo-2.jpg
    In memory of "Lucky" 09/11/2010

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have been there far to many times over the years.

I lasted exactly 2 weeks after Lucky passed before getting Max.

I cannot be without a dog or two.

photo.jpg
    Max

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    After having a pet for a long time you build an emotional bond like nothing else,and when their time comes it leaves a big empty void,coming home and expecting to see them at the door,but they aren't there to greet you is the worst.They are never truly gone as long as we remember them
    Your right about the void. She wasn't the first dog I've lost, but a good 'un I'll miss deeply. Very protective and full of attitude....... she ran the house. It was the first time in a long time I got home from work and she wasn't waiting there to let me know what went on while I was gone. She's howl and 'talk' to me, demanding attention and letting all know I was home, wether they wanted to know or not.

A pound puppy that afixed her place in our 'pack' and made it her own. She'd been sick for a few days and SWMBO'd told her last night it was OK 'to go'. She was struggling a little this morning but plenty of vinigar and attitude just the same. She found her spot in the living room and quietly passed while the boy and I went about the business of starting the week. Tough situation. My daughters and wife were as heartbroken as I was but onward we go.

Thank ya'll for the thoughts and prayers.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Im Sorry my friend.......

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Heart goes out to you, GSB. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss. A good friend and loving companion is hard to say good bye to. Just remember, she's now in a place where there's no pain and she's in her prime, and always will be, until your re-united.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The greatest relationship besides God is with our dogs. Never is a bond so strong and heartfelt as the love between a dog and its attentive owner. I am truely sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ms. Shasta. God bless.

Our dog, Seamore, is only 4 years old. Still a pup at heart really. I am already wondering how I am going to make it through his loss. I have become more attached to him than to any dog we have ever had, and that is saying something because I become very attached to animals rather quickly.

Sorry for your loss. I hope time heals the hurt in your heart.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links