Lost a buddy at work, and his son, to a drunk driver

This is a discussion on Lost a buddy at work, and his son, to a drunk driver within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Damn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost a buddy at work, and his son, to a drunk driver

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Damn

2. Remove Ads

Wow very sad news .

Prayers sent from melbourne.

I hate to hear any of our brothers gone on bikes

CJ, you know me. In order for me to maintain some semblance of decorum on this I'll just say you have an ear if you need it and thoughts have been with the families since I saw the first report. The justice this deserves hasn't been practiced in decades.

Prayers for all added to my list.

People abusing intoxicating substances are ripping our society apart at the seams, ruining families, destroying lives, killing people, and it is senseless. These poisons systematically numb their hearts and minds to the point that they have no concern for anyone or anything. Zombies of total destruction. What a shame. There are countless numbers of lives that these two men touched day in and day out and my heart mourns their tragic loss.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    so sad, and so preventable

thoughts & prayers for you chief, and the families

so ironic I log on here and see this...as I'm getting ready to go work OT assignment for DUI enforcement
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    My condolences and prayers.

The 37-year-old could face two counts of second-degree murder, a class B2 felony under state law that could carry up to a 21-year sentence for a conviction. Another option, Amos said, is to charge her with two counts of felony death by vehicle.

According to the N.C. General Statutes, felony death by vehicle is when a person unintentionally kills a person with a vehicle while driving impaired. The charge is a Class E felony and, if convicted, Skeens could face up to three years in prison on each count.
    With this plus her prior convictions lets hope she gets the 2nd degree murder conviction, she needs to never be on a public street again.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thanks everyone. The funeral is tomorrow, gonna be tough. I talked to a couple of the ladies in the store for about an hour tonight. It's been kind of surreal to have to work like nothing has happened. But the business has to keep running.

His wife has made some pretty profound statements in some interviews today. Talking about forgiving the driver and why she has too. It takes more strength and courage to forgive, than to hate. And she seems to have that in spades. Some people don't seem to understand that personal forgiveness and judicial punishment are not mutually exclusive.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Wow, she sounds like an incredible person. I understand that when a person carries around hate it only hurts themselves and not the other person, but to reach that level of understanding so soon reflects wisdom, courage, and strength beyond words. I imagine it would take me a long time if ever to reach that point. I hope she has a Faith-based community of support as well as other resources of support to help her and her family through this unimmaginably difficult tragedy. Totally heartbreaking. As a society we have made so many technological advances and yet we are still dealing with the most primitive of human problems.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links