Prayers needed - Page 2

Prayers needed

This is a discussion on Prayers needed within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Prayer is good but, please do more than just pray. Please do some on-line research of your own regarding prostate cancer especially if your Dad ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Prayers needed

Administrator
    Prayer is good but, please do more than just pray.

Please do some on-line research of your own regarding prostate cancer especially if your Dad is is 76 years old.

There is a great deal of agreement these days that since prostate cancer is so slow growing that it's often better to either take a holistic approach...or sometimes it's better to do nothing at all.

If he is 76 and the prostate cancer begins to spread when he is 106 years old is that really such a huge problem?

The CUT, POISON, & BURN (surgery, chemo, radiation) treatments very often do more of the killing than the prostate cancer.

If it took all these years before they could even detect it then there is no rush to hurry up and dive into traditional medical treatment in two weeks or a month.

Take a little bit of time out to do some serious investigative homework regarding unnecessary prostate cancer treatment and then decide.

Make a phone call to Dr. James Winer at The Winer Wellness Center in Pittsburgh and investigate some possible alternative treatment options.

This is a subject serious enough that it's not my place to tell you to reject traditional treatment.
    I am only suggesting that you to do some prior investigative detective work and then you and you Dad can make your own responsible adult decisions as to what treatment course you'll follow.

Thanks to you all. The good people of this forum really are like family.

QK, thanks for your suggestion. I've been doing exactly what you have suggested. His Doctor told him that it certainly isn't an emergency at this point and there was no need to rush into a decision. In fact, he told him if he were just a little older or in bad health he wouldn't recommend doing anything at all. Where I work we have a comprehensive cancer center and oncologists that I'm talking to about various treatment options. We're weighing all of the information available so my Dad can make an educated decision. I have access to experts and information at work (across the spectrum of conventional and non-conventional treatment options) and I'm providing that information to him and my Mom. I greatly appreciate your suggestion and information and I will definitely check out Dr. Winer in Pittsburgh. Thank you so much.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

It would mean a lot to me if you could please add my Dad and my Mom to your prayer list.
    Consider it done my friend.

You're in my prayers. Your family as well. And, of course, your dad. Godspeed.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

OD*
    Certainly, sir.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Bugdude,

I will pray for your Dad (Gene).

I went thru the same thing a few months back but thank GOD my results came back negative.

"What is impossible for men is possible with God." Luke 18:27

Sorry to hear about your dad,will keep him in my prayers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Prayers sent.

Administrator
    I had my M-In-Law add your Dad Gene to her nightly prayer list.

You folks are awesome!!! I can't thank you enough.

I saw my Dad this weekend and he is in good spirits. He goes back to the Doc this coming week to talk about his options. I gave him a lot of information from work specific to his type of cancer and I found out through our cancer center at my work that the hospital 10 minutes from him has a top notch cancer center with holistic support and treatment options (conventional and otherwise). Fortunately, he has everything available to him very close to home for whatever course of treatment he decides. My parents seemed very relieved that I was able to provide them with specific information about his options and the information on the cancer center close to them.

Thank you all for your support and your prayers. As much as I enjoy all of the gun related talk and all that I have learned from you guys, this is much more than just a gun forum. I'm going to ad the DC family to my prayer list.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Prayers sent BugDude, I just lost my Father to Lung Cancer if you need anything let me know. Check out this website Shop Now Cancer Awareness Products from Choose Hope
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links