Been gone for a while.

This is a discussion on Been gone for a while. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, Jack. I echo the sentiment that you are a good man sticking by your friend like that. Although it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been gone for a while.

DC Founder
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, Jack. I echo the sentiment that you are a good man sticking by your friend like that. Although it sounds like a situation that without resolution, I hope all turns out well for your buddy, his family and yours. Keep us up to date!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Like others have said, good to see you back here.

Our little part of north Texas will be busy with prayers for your friend, his family and their son, as well as positive thoughts for you as you endure this tragedy with them.

As I am sitting here reading this I just had to stop and say a prayer for the family, please help them to understand to take care of themselves they could easily become sick from stress and overdoing the lack of sleep. You are a good friend and I hope things go as best as possible. I cannot understand that many drugs in the system. I have lead a high school youth group for the last three years and have had some troubled teens in and out of jail for drugs and ither things. In talking with them that many drugs in your system just doesn't seam right. I hope they stop this from happening to anyone else because clearly kids these days don't understand how dangerous this stuff is that they play with.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Glad to see you're back!.......You're a good guy, to help watch over others as you do..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Glad to have you back and prayers for you and your friends. Made it through getting my son through to adulthood and somehow he made it through without drugs, thank God. You are a rare friend and show even rarer commitment to your friend and family. I commend you! These events are so tragic and pointless, I hope those who supplied him will rot in jail for a long time.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Thanks very much all, your support is overwhelming. I really never considered anything less than "being there" everyday for my friends, we've been through quite a lot together over the years and we've always supported each other, good or bad. They've been there for me for everything from my college graduation, being my Best Man when I got married (other than my folks, none of my relatives bothered to show up that day ... his entire family was there for me though) - and when my Dad died and I needed them most, they were there again.

BTW, I cancelled the XSE I had on layaway and used the cash for incidental expenses that've popped up. It was a nice pistol but I really didn't need it right now, especially at $1180 after tax. I'll pick up a used Commander when things settle down a bit, I'd rather have a blued one anyway.
    Jack

P.S. Dave: I just read of your health condition. I'm so very sorry to hear you're ill and have to go through that ordeal. You and yours are in our prayers, my wife and I are wishing you the best of care and hope your treatments aren't too hard on you. Get your rest and stay strong, you can beat this thing.

Bob: Good to see you're back with us, I look forward to reading your posts again. I sent a copy of my C&R to KTP a while back so I imagine in time we'll be doing some business together ... my wife's gonna hate you .
    Last edited by maclean3; August 17th, 2006 at 08:07 AM.

OD*
    Sorry to hear this Jack.
    God bless you folks.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

You're obviously a great friend indeed. Make sure you and the support team and parents all take care of yorselves/themselves, including counseling to help with the emotional considerations, in addition to the physical. Take care, and glad to have you back.

VIP Member
    Welcome back Jack....I'm sorry to read about your friend's son....regrettable action the young man took.....hopefully, he'll "mend" and regain a sense of self respect and courage to take on life while clean.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Jack, welcome back friend. Sorry to hear about everything that's happening on the home front. I hope things get better for your friend soon.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Thanks again all, just proves how close knit the community here is & I very much appreciate all of your support.

My friend's son has been approved toi stay at the rehab center until this Saturday when they'll take him home and attempt to care for him there. I honestly don't think they'll be able to do that for very long as he requires turning every two hours along with feedings, medication and all the other care. The case worker is checking into financial support sources from the Government and other areas, plus there's talk of home health care workers though we're not sure when and for how long they'll be available.

I'm off to grab supplies (coffee!!!) and then back up to his room for the day. Thanks again folks, I can't wait to get back here and talk guns again. BTW, when I went to cancel the XSE layaway I had the chance to check out a Sharp's trapdoor (.45-70) ... SAA-WEET!!! but unGODly heavy. Maybe someday when I hit the lottery.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    Jack - good to see you drop in - thx for update.

It is awful hard from what I am imaging to see any future for the young man That is all very sad and a terrible strain for his family and friends.

Get back again when you can.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Jack,

Sorry for what I'm sure is a very traumatic experience for both yourself and the family involved.

Such a vulnerable age. It is tough for me to say more, honestly, as I lost my 20 yr old brother only a yr ago in which I feel was another "great kid" caught up in stupid adolesent decisions.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

DC Founder
    Keep us updated as you have time, Jack. We'll keep a light on for you...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Glad you are back Jack. As you my know I am going through some tragic events in my family now. It's good to have a friend like yourself. But I bet you are closer than some family members are to them. It is such a tragic waste when something like this happens. My prayers go to you and them. Philip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links