ExSoldier's Wedding Anniversary

This is a discussion on ExSoldier's Wedding Anniversary within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Congrats Ex and Old Chief Yep, GOD does have his ways, I met my wife in a Yahoo chat room and we set up a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ExSoldier's Wedding Anniversary

Congrats Ex and Old Chief

Yep, GOD does have his ways,
    I met my wife in a Yahoo chat room and we set up a blind date, boy were we surprised!
    We had known each other for years and we were both interested in each other but neither of us ever took any action.
    No pictures or cams, we met for dinner sight unseen, I couldn't beleive it was her and she couldn't beleive it was me, the rest is history. GOD does work in mysterious ways.

I wish you and your ladies many more happy years together!

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    This is belated, but congratulations on the anniversary! I'm a bit over a year behind you, but every year it gets better. To many more....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Grats all. In todays world, marriage seems to be more like a carnival ride. You pay your fee, have some fun, and then part ways .

For those who have lived your lives with the same person for so many years, I say that yes, God had you and her in mind when He introduced you.

Myself, I have never been married. At age 38 feel that maybe I've missed something good and special but maybe it just wasn't the thing that God had in mind for me. I'm not worried about it any way, for He has a path for me and if later He presents me with a wife, then I shall cherish her as you all have cherished your gifts.

I apologize for coming in so late, but if I may, my best wishes for you and yours.

Wayne

Wink Then there is THIS viewpoint:

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Myself, I have never been married. At age 38 feel that maybe I've missed something good and special but maybe it just wasn't the thing that God had in mind for me.Wayne
    God says that MAN is INCOMPLETE without WOMAN....so you get married....and...THEN.... YOU'RE FINISHED.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Very belated Congratulations Jim!!

I hope to soeday to find my better half. So far I can only find better 1/4, once in a while 1/8

God says that MAN is INCOMPLETE without WOMAN....so you get married....and...THEN.... YOU'RE FINISHED.....
    Sounds ominous

I like that...

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    It's a 'grinner'...but we all realize that IT IS the better half that makes us what we are...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's a 'grinner'...but we all realize that IT IS the better half that makes us what we are...

ret
    Or break us!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    EIGHTEEN YEARS TODAY

If ever I wished to prove the existence and REALISM of God Almighty I need only point to my wife. The confluence of circumstances that put me in the exact situation (law school) to meet her and fall in love (took about 45 seconds -- just a bit longer to realize the fact) and then neatly remove me to the place where HE in his infinite wisdom called me to serve (school teacher) can only...ONLY be described as "DIVINE."

Further evidence of God's fingerprints on my life can be seen in our dating: First date was to Church. Second date ...to: THE RANGE. If she hadn't liked firearms and understood my passion for them and for my 2nd Amendment activism it'd been adios! For our 1st anniversary she got me a rifle.

Today is our 18th wedding anniversary and I can only pray that each of you....our friends.....can be as BLESSED by Jesus Christ as I feel this day. By the way, the fact that any gal has the ability to put up with my shortcomings for all these years can only be described as totally innundated by a surplus of GRACE. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
    That's awesome woman you have there. Does she have a sister?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    That's awesome woman you have there. Does she have a sister?
    No and I don't think you'd go for the drunken attorney that's her brother. You just spot this thread? You're a couple of months late to the party.

A wise man once said: The LORD said that Man without WOMAN is incomplete. Then you get married.....And you're finished!

But...you're right. I wouldn't trade her for anything.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Yes, a little late, but wanted to say congrats. I had been out of pocket at work, when I got the news about my daughter in law being killed. Just going through the posts trying to catch up on everyone, and keep busy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Yes, a little late, but wanted to say congrats. I had been out of pocket at work, when I got the news about my daughter in law being killed. Just going through the posts trying to catch up on everyone, and keep busy.
    Oh man. I'm sorry. I lost track of that. VERY sorry for your loss. How is your son handling things? I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links