Well wishes and good thoughts requested

This is a discussion on Well wishes and good thoughts requested within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok everyone. I am at the point in this process that I think it is a real strong possibility that it will go my way. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Well wishes and good thoughts requested

Well wishes and good thoughts requested

Ok everyone. I am at the point in this process that I think it is a real strong possibility that it will go my way. So i think I can ask for some good thoughts and not jinx anything.

Long story short, I am flying to Atlanta next Friday for a quick job interview with a company that is world wide. They do maintenance and repair work on Linear Accelerators used in the treatment of cancer. If I get this job, we will be moving back to West Tennessee. The Memphis area in fact. And, believe it or not, quite possibly not only the same small town we lived in before but quite possibly the exact same house! That is amazing on two levels. One, the odds against it are astounding that the house would be available and that we would be able to rent it again. Two, my wife and I still have our TN HCP and the address listed on them is THAT ADDRESS! As long as we establish residency in TN before they expire (still two more years to go before that happens) they become valid again automatically. I wouldn't even have to submit a change of address form according to the TN State Police. How cool is that?

So, if everyone could send me some good thoughts and well wishes for the interview I would really appreciate it.

The thought of getting to go right back to our old home and life makes me so happy I'm almost giddy!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Good luck, Mike. I have a great big smile on my face for you! Lots of great thoughts and great wishes!!!!!
    TN_Mike likes this.

Praying that all goes well for you Mike.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Best of luck to you.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Good luck Mike! Let us know how it turns out.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Fingers and toes crossed for you, Mike. Of course, it's not like you WANT to be back in TN!
    TN_Mike likes this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

******* a deal I wish you and yours the best of luck
    TN_Mike likes this.
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Best of luck to you, Mike... steering Good Job Karma your way. Meanwhile, my practical inner self is advising "don't count your chickens...".
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Best of luck to you, Mike... steering Good Job Karma your way. Meanwhile, my practical inner self is advising "don't count your chickens...".
    Smitty, I have been telling myself that for about 3 weeks now since I got a call out of the blue. But, I have now been told by the fellow who is over the Southeast US that I am the top candidate and they have narrowed it down to two of us. I am also told by a Navy buddy who is int he same field but for a different company that this company will not spend the money to fly anyone in for an interview unless they are very, very serious about them. So I am trying very hard not to be too excited.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    That is pretty doggone amazing. Good Luck and hope that it all works out for you.
    TN_Mike likes this.

VIP Member
    TN_Mike, know that I'm pulling for your happiness after all of your griping; then maybe you'll get luck and shut up about it. ;)
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Administrator
    That would be crazy if you landed in the same house you left. What are the odds... anyway, good luck.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Now didn't I tell you to hang in there and things would work out! Hope it happens for you this time.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Mike, truth can be stranger than fiction.

Good luck to you all !
    TN_Mike likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links