100 Pounds Lost, before and after pics

This is a discussion on 100 Pounds Lost, before and after pics within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cupcake. Don't toss those old pants away. You can use them for shelter building or making a hammock on your next survival camping excursion....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 100 Pounds Lost, before and after pics

Administrator
    Cupcake. Don't toss those old pants away. You can use them for shelter building or making a hammock on your next survival camping excursion.
    Cupcake likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations. Nice job.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

You look marvelous! Congratulations and God Bless.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Senior Moderator
    Great job, Cupcake!

That looks like my before and after except in the opposite direction...

Grats Cupcake! Amazing dedication!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Awesome is the only thing I can say- what kind of time frame did this happen in?
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Just curious, since nothing in your blog/facebook/etc. seem to cover it...how long did it take?
    It's been a three year journey. After trying many things and doing much research, I'm convinced that the key to long-term success is not viewing it as "I have to lose "x" pounds by "x" date, but rather just doing what is enjoyable, as long as you make daily progress toward your goal. I missed a lot of gym time to rock climb, which while that's being "active," is nowhere near the workout I'd get in the regular gym. Didn't matter...as long as I was keeping track of my food intake and shorting myself calories every day...baby steps..big steps...they'll all get you to your destination. Anyway, I lost 50 pounds the first year, then 30, then I decided to get serious about the last 20 in just in the last few months because I wanted to be around 185 for my Ironman.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Let us know when you want your forum name changed from cupcake to hardbody. Hey. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I believe Beefcake or Studmuffin would be closer to the original theme.
    Lol... I'm still a cupcake. I'm just one of those low carb, low fat, protein cupcakes.
    atctimmy and cj like this.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Well Cupcake I found 40 pounds you lost.
    Seriously good job,I had my VA spinal cord physical last week and I'm sliding down a slippery slope,as far as right now,I have totally cut out any sweet desserts and are eating more fruits and vegetables and even tho I have mobility issues need to start doing some weight training,and ride a stationary bike as long as my pain threshold will allow.I quit drugs and alcohol over 20 years ago,and quitting sweets is almost as bad,I can hear candy bars crying out to me as I walk past the candy aisle,but I am going to change.
    Listen to me - You're doing good and the call of the sweets is like a Siren from mythology luring your to your death. Don't listen to anyone that says that just one won't hurt...it will. I think you know, but I want to express for everyone here that craves sweets and carbs that it is an addiction that stimulates the very same part of the brain that heroin does. There are several things that happen to our bodies that make us want more when we indulge in candy or cakes, etc... it is a physical addiction. This is accepted science, not some theory of mine. Personally, I can tell you that after I detox from junk and eat well for a couple weeks I don't care anymore - the cravings are gone. If I have an occasion where I have cake or ice cream or candy, it starts all over and I'm like a junkee sweating it out again. Just say no!

I don't know enough about your injury to advise you there, but I gained a lot of my weight when I got an injury and couldn't run... I got depressed and that was the activity I liked. I finally made the decision that I had to figure out what activities I could do and make progress with the cards I've been dealt, even though I really disliked weight training at the time. That got easier and the weight training ended up helping me strengthen the weaknesses that caused my running injuries anyway. Also, I'd never have this physique from running alone.

Dig deep, brother. You got this.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    My biggest problem losing weight are these Ohio winters. It's not that I hate going to the gym, rather it's that I just enjoy the outdoors so much more. I find it easy to look outside on a nice spring day and say to myself "I want to go run/hike/bike". In the winter I look outside at the blowing snow and it's easy to think "Maybe I'll skip the gym today."

I've lost (and maintained) 26 lbs over the last 1 1/2 years. I have lost about 85% of that weight in the warm seasons. This winter I have hibernated like a bear. I'm chomping at the bit for some Spring weather because I'm ready to get back on track. I have another 20 pounds I want to lose and I'm running a sprint Tri in July. I can't wait to get out there.
    Last edited by atctimmy; February 22nd, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling nijas
    QKShooter likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    atctimmy - What does a "nit" taste like? How many calories in one nit?

"I'm chomping at the nit for some Spring weather"

VIP Member
    It tastes like a typo. : )
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Awesome! In a world of gluttony, it's a great thing to see your discipline pay off.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Listen to me - You're doing good and the call of the sweets is like a Siren from mythology luring your to your death. Don't listen to anyone that says that just one won't hurt...it will. I think you know, but I want to express for everyone here that craves sweets and carbs that it is an addiction that stimulates the very same part of the brain that heroin does. There are several things that happen to our bodies that make us want more when we indulge in candy or cakes, etc... it is a physical addiction. This is accepted science, not some theory of mine. Personally, I can tell you that after I detox from junk and eat well for a couple weeks I don't care anymore - the cravings are gone. If I have an occasion where I have cake or ice cream or candy, it starts all over and I'm like a junkee sweating it out again. Just say no!

I don't know enough about your injury to advise you there, but I gained a lot of my weight when I got an injury and couldn't run... I got depressed and that was the activity I liked. I finally made the decision that I had to figure out what activities I could do and make progress with the cards I've been dealt, even though I really disliked weight training at the time. That got easier and the weight training ended up helping me strengthen the weaknesses that caused my running injuries anyway. Also, I'd never have this physique from running alone.

Dig deep, brother. You got this.
    Isn't it amazing how after you change your lifestyle and eating habits, the stuff that used to be good (cakes, cookies, soda, chips) now taste like crap? That stuff really is poison that you have abused your body with. They make some pretty good protein powders and bars that taste delicious and give you the macronutrients your body needs.

Cupcake,

I have read your blog its great....Good job on reaching your goal....

Great Job!!
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Been said by others, awesome job man!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links