100 Pounds Lost, before and after pics

This is a discussion on 100 Pounds Lost, before and after pics within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thanks again, all! One thing I've noticed about being the smaller size me is that warning signs of veering in the wrong direction come sooner. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 100 Pounds Lost, before and after pics

Thanks again, all! One thing I've noticed about being the smaller size me is that warning signs of veering in the wrong direction come sooner. Back in the old me days, I could lose of gain 15 pounds and it was pretty unnoticeable. Now..3-5 pounds really show. Heck, if I eat a single particularly carb heavy meal, it's obvious as I begin to jiggle again and my ab definition begins to wash out.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, what a body change...Congrats!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 25th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Awesome!! You look great!! That's not an easy journey =]
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

awsome,,, personal experiences like this are really motivating to others in need,,congrates man

Good Job, Sir!

You went from a 'cupcake' to a 'hard roll'!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Thanks again, all! One thing I've noticed about being the smaller size me is that warning signs of veering in the wrong direction come sooner. Back in the old me days, I could lose of gain 15 pounds and it was pretty unnoticeable. Now..3-5 pounds really show. Heck, if I eat a single particularly carb heavy meal, it's obvious as I begin to jiggle again and my ab definition begins to wash out.
    Cupcake, It has been 6 months since I lost all of my weight. It is very easy to lose focus and start putting the weight back on. When I want to eat a cookie or some other junk, I start thinking about how hard I work out and quickly realize it isn't worth it. My goal is to eat clean 90% of the time and allow 10% for me to enjoy a treat (pizza, chicken wings, etc.) in moderation. I started 265, now around 205 (I'm 6'1 13% BF). My plan is to go on a cut for the summer and drop a quick 10 lbs. For me, that could be done by simply reducing my daily calorie intake by 500. Most importantly, make sure you are getting all of your daily macro nutrients through whole foods.

Quote Originally Posted by BroBud View Post
    While I am confident in my guns I also have to consider struggling with someone, in the shape I am in I would not last long in that fight. Physical fitness is an essential part of self defense.
    - I agree 100%. The other fact is that being unhealthy is more likely to reduce your lifespan more than a random act of violence.

I was at about 28% body fat last summer and decided to start eating better and exercising a lot more. I was down to 18% body fat about three months ago and haven't check since then, but I probably lost a few more percent. I doubt I'll ever be back to the 11% body fat that I was in high school though. Another benefit is that eating more fruits and vegetables has been great and my energy levels are higher than ever.

Congratulations to Cupcake for changing his life for the better.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Isn't it amazing how after you change your lifestyle and eating habits, the stuff that used to be good (cakes, cookies, soda, chips) now taste like crap? That stuff really is poison that you have abused your body with. They make some pretty good protein powders and bars that taste delicious and give you the macronutrients your body needs.
    That's really true. I quit soda four months ago and I don't miss it anymore. I used to drink a six pack a day starting at 6 am. Very bad I know. My stomach finally had enough and I had to stop.

Good job cupcake. I'm trying to eat better as well and I hope to start exercising soon. So far I just dropped meat from my diet. All vegetables all the time and I've managed to lose 20 pounds since January 1st.

Ponchsox what protein powder and bars do you like if you don't mind more asking?
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96 View Post
    Ponchsox what protein powder and bars do you like if you don't mind more asking?
    - I'm not Ponchsox, but I like "Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard" and "Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein" (Available at Walmart). They both taste good and are great after a workout. I usually put it in a blender with almond milk and a banana.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Whey is probably the most popular, but I prefer a blend of whey and casein. Whey is available for quick utilization, while casein is more like "slow release" for a steady supply. You can find it for shakes but it's hard to find in bar form which is most convenient. Even better - real food. I'd often rather stop by McDonalds for a chicken sandwich.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96 View Post
    That's really true. I quit soda four months ago and I don't miss it anymore. I used to drink a six pack a day starting at 6 am. Very bad I know. My stomach finally had enough and I had to stop.

Good job cupcake. I'm trying to eat better as well and I hope to start exercising soon. So far I just dropped meat from my diet. All vegetables all the time and I've managed to lose 20 pounds since January 1st.

Best protein bars- Quest Bars (hands down for low cals, sugar free, 20g protein, good flavors)
    Best whey protein- Myofusion is best value, XF UP Peptide Cinnamon Roll best flavor (more expensive)

Check out the forum on Bodybuilding.com. There are a ton of threads on these topics.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I'm not Ponchsox, but I like "Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard" and "Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein" (Available at Walmart). They both taste good and are great after a workout. I usually put it in a blender with almond milk and a banana.
    Body Fortress tastes like @ss

You are freakin awesome!

I'm currently trying to lose weight. Its tough man.

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

What a great feel good story. I am 30% of the way to losing 100lbs. My goal is to be 210 lbs at a nice steady pace. I've lost 30 lbs since Jan. 1, 2012. I read a book called WHEAT BELLY and it is amazing how much better I already feel just by following the suggestions in the book. I'm a believer wheat and sugar are the devil! I've started going to the gym and can pound out 2 miles on the treadmill or 44 min. on the eliptical. Did you ever hire a trainer or just start making changes your self.
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by YANG View Post
    You are freakin awesome!

I'm currently trying to lose weight. Its tough man.
    Thanks...it feels awesome. It's tough at first...detox your body from sugar and simple carbs and it will get much easier. That means a couple of weeks of suffering withdrawals and cravings like a heroin junkee, but it's so worth it. Yes, just one will hurt. It will restart the cycle of wanting more carbs. Like STLTiger just mentioned, you'll feel great once you're off that crap for just a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by STLTiger View Post
    What a great feel good story. I am 30% of the way to losing 100lbs. My goal is to be 210 lbs at a nice steady pace. I've lost 30 lbs since Jan. 1, 2012. I read a book called WHEAT BELLY and it is amazing how much better I already feel just by following the suggestions in the book. I'm a believer wheat and sugar are the devil! I've started going to the gym and can pound out 2 miles on the treadmill or 44 min. on the eliptical. Did you ever hire a trainer or just start making changes your self.
    Congrats on a great start! You're farther along then I was...my first run I lasted 1/10th of a mile. I think it was closer to 3 months before I could run 2 miles. Contrast to today - tomorrow I've got a 10 miler, and last night was a 5 mile run, 90 minute bike (on the trainer), and two mile run with no breaks in between. Not attempting to brag, but be persisten and relentless and you'll be able to do thing that will inspire awe in people you used to think were "in shape." You've got at least 1/2 of it figured out - simple carbs are in fact the devil, and getting your exercise in is important. Don't neglect your protein and fit in some strength training and you, sir, will be an unstoppable specimen of superhero ability and appearance!

Nope...never hired a trainer. I just studied (and continue to study) everything I can get my hands on regarding nutrition and exercise. I would occasionally pick up ideas for new exercises by watching the trainers with other clients, and from some group fitness classes. Don't get me wrong - a good trainer can be great..I just couldn't justify the expense so long as I continued to make progress on my own. I could probably do this Ironman thing on my own too, but I am shopping for an experienced coach anyway. It's such a big deal to me, I want to stack everything possible in my favor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links