had a GREAT day today!

had a GREAT day today!

This is a discussion on had a GREAT day today! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well just wanted to tell all my family how wonderful my day was. Today my wife took her chl class and of course i went ...

Thread: had a GREAT day today!

Talking had a GREAT day today!

Well just wanted to tell all my family how wonderful my day was. Today my wife took her chl class and of course i went for moral support. She did so great and I am proud of her. Her favorite hand gun I own is my m&p full size 45. The instructor was hesitant to this until he saw her do great with it. She was better than everyone there including the men and made me so proud. Not only did we have a great time but we met another couple there and got to know each other. Later this afternoon we went to the local range and had a date night there and the same couple was there doing the same thing. We exchanged numbers and spoke for a while and agreed to hang out and come there together next week. She wants to get a remora already after she tried mine on my m&p9c and oh yea...she ran like a dream too! So now back at the retreat with my lovely wife and our beautiful son sleeping hard! Just wanted to tell everyone how much of a great day we had and I truly realize how blessed I am to have a wife that's not blind to the danger of this world and enjoys shooting guns!

hbc
    Good on ya, Mattmann!

Good to acknowledge one's blessings!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Good to have a wife that likes to shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so awesome to have a wife that "gets it"!!! My wife and I discovered this whole shooting thing about the same time, and it has brought us much closer together, not that that was ever an issue. Knowing that she knows her way around a gun and is willing to use it if god forbid she has to makes me feel so much better when I am not with her!! Good work Mattmann!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

My wife has her CCL as well, and we go to shoot together. She's veryyyyyyyyyyy accurate. We have fun with the practice and plan on taking additional training classes together. Glad to hear there are others as well doing what we do.

Kurt

Thanks for sharing your story! Sounds like a great day indeed!

you are lucky that your spouses share your interest and are supportive. My wife has no interest in guns. I have taken her shooting before and she was ok with it
    but shows no further interest. She knows that I have a carry permit but doesn't know how often I carry. We don't really talk about it much. She has given me the ok
    to purchase guns at times but I have often heard the line if you want to buy one you need to sell one. Over the years I have slowly added to my collection.

Nice day and very similiar in nature to me.

My wife and I both have permits, own firearms and love to shoot.

We have a couple from our church who accompanied us last year to the range and they loved it, want to go back.

There is just nothing like what you described. Keep up the good stuff!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Congrats!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would agree sounds like a wonderful day. Congrats.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I am looking forward to a great day at the range tomorrow. Alone because my wife has to work. Taking the new Kahr CM9 with 100 rounds of Federal 115g and 100 WWB 115g.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Congrats to the wife!

A couple that's armed together, stays together...if both are good shots, wouldn't dare want to split up.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links