Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio roll call

This is a discussion on Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio roll call within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope everyone from these areas are OK from the storms yesterday. I live about 10 miles notrth of the devastation in the Crittendon and ...

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

I hope everyone from these areas are OK from the storms yesterday. I live about 10 miles notrth of the devastation in the Crittendon and Piner areas. I drove through there this morning as my wife runs the local hospital in Grant County and we went down to check on the staff and to see what we and the health system can do to help those effected. Some really bad stories but thankfully, everyone we know is OK (although several lost their homes). I though it would be reassuring if the members in the areas could post so we know they are safe. I am an adjuster and have handled storms for 30 years, this is some of the worst I have seen.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I am in Michigan, but was wondering the same thing,,,,,,
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I'm about 45 minutes from West Liberty, KY. Lots of folks here are trying to help. The town is mostly gone.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I live about 5 minutes away from greater downtown Piner (sarcasm). We had nearly no damage, can't say the same for a lot of other folks.

They let us leave work early, but I was North of the worst of it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Ohio mostly got lucky and avoided the brunt of the storms. We will for sure send prayers to those in need.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

I'm in Frankfort Ky… got a good tour of under the house. Some hail damage… but that's it.
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

Administrator
    The death toll climbs higher. Now 38. Terrible natural disaster. Hoping that all of our members and their loved ones are fine & pulled through with no loss of life and property.

I'm in Crittenden about 2 miles South from the main effected area. No discernible damage to my house though my neighbor lost a couple windows to hail we think and about a 4 foot by 3 foot section of siding. It's an absolute miracle more people were not hurt and killed. Just saw the damage on Hwy 25 and the damage from it crossing the 75. Incredible.

I have only heard of maybe 4 deaths and a handful of injuries so far. It's a miracle it wasn't far worse.

Administrator
    Is there an update on the baby that was carried 10 miles away from her home by the tornado and dropped into a field? The last I heard on the radio was that she was alive but, in critical condition.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Is there an update on the baby that was carried 10 miles away from her home by the tornado and dropped into a field? The last I heard on the radio was that she was alive but, in critical condition.
    Just saw this on MSN. She didn't make it.

U.S. News - Toddler found after twister dies in hospital
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links