My baby is gone

My baby is gone

This is a discussion on My baby is gone within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Back in 1997 my wife gave me a kitten as early birthday present. She was so cute she stole our hearts so we named her ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My baby is gone

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar

My baby is gone

Back in 1997 my wife gave me a kitten as early birthday present. She was so cute she stole our hearts so we named her Bandit. About a year later Bandit got pregnant and gave me 4 more kittens (3 male and 1 female, Solo, Mingo, Hercules, and Pebbles). My mother-in-law liked Solo. My step-son chose Hercules. My wife chose Mingo and I got Pebbles. Pebbles was the spitting image of her mother. Bandit was killed (hit by a truck) about 8 months after the 4 were born. In the last 13 years the 4 died off, one by one. Last night death came for Pebbles, We had been expecting it for awhile but it doesn't make any easier. She had been sick most of her life. She had been mine all her life. She would cry for me to pick her up then she would climb up on my shoulders and lay across the back of my neck and purr in my ear. She would get on my chest when ever I lay down and would sleep on my pillow above my head. She was a great cat and an even greater friend, she is missed. I know that she will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge along with Bandit and her brothers. Take care of your four legged family members. Pebbles was definately a big part of our family. She was my "Little Princess" my baby.
    Pro2A likes this.

Losing a pet is tough and I have been there. With time the pain subsides and then it’s a trip to the shelter to get another one because someone out there needs YOU
    Gforty and Pistology like this.

VIP Member
    I am sorry for your loss. We have been there and it is not an easy time.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    My sincerest condolences. We have 3 dogs and I just hate to think that one day we too will suffer the same pain you are feeling. But it is going to happen. It is a part of life. Here's to hoping your pain will subside quickly and you can get another bundle of joy to share your quarters with. You can't replace a pet. But you can provide a home to another and they too will start building memories. I'm sure you will remember fondly your cat in the future and look back on the good times you had.

I wish you all of the best.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I've got a little kitty like that, her name is Star. Very small and gentle. Loves to be carried around. I can sympathize with your loss.

We recently had to put down our daughter's cat named Tag. My daughter moved away long ago and now has her own family and pets. We kept Tag with us for 17 years.....the past 5 or so were not the best due to his illnesses. Anyway, we felt that as long as he could walk to his food dish and cat box, life was still worth living. But things got worse and we decided it was time. Hey! I'm a 64 yr old man, but still get tears just thinking about him. They do grow on you......and become part of your life. I feel your pain. Give it some time, then think about getting another kitten....

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss sir. Pets become like family members after so many years.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Brother, I have been where you are right now. We've lost two dogs over the last three years, and my hunting partner lost his pointer last week.

They are part of the family.

May you find some solace in the following...................

The Rainbow Bridge
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss. In time, I hope another kitty can fill the empty room in your heart.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

OD*
    I am sorry for your loss, it's never easy.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Thank you all for the comments, they do help. My wife and I have 7 other cats at home and most try to sleep with us at night but Pebbles was extra special. I had her from the day she was born. Our other cats know she is gone and do their best to chear me up. The amount of pain indicates the amount of love shared. Again thank you all.

I am sorry. They steal and replace pieces of our hearts with something larger.
    OD* likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Animals are a soft spot in my heart. Loving them says alot about a person. Sounds like your pets had a great caregiver. I am sorry for your loss and happy for the next pet you adopt.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I am sorry for your loss. It's funny how a small little furry creature can wiggle their way into us and take such a large part of us when they go.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

cj
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that knowing that you gave Bandit the best live possible is some consolation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links