Honor Flight

Honor Flight

This is a discussion on Honor Flight within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not posting this to get a pat on the back but to get some of you involved in a worthwhile project for veterans. I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RoadKill

Thread: Honor Flight

Honor Flight

I'm not posting this to get a pat on the back but to get some of you involved in a worthwhile project for veterans. I got way more out of this than I put in and I think you will too. This past Saturday I had the honor of accompanying a large group of WWII and Korean vets (one Vietnam) to DC to visit their memorials, Tomb of the Unknown, and other veteran related sights. We had a 92 year old and a late 80's female Marine vet--drove a truck so a guy could be on the frontline. Some of the tales they all tell will amaze you. As a Guardian I had the priveledge of helping to make their trip a great memory. Check out Honor Flight Network and see if you can join a group in your area. If you can't pay your own way maybe you can contribute to help cover their costs--the vets go for free. You don't have to be a vet and women volunteers are always welcomed.

If you've been on a flight, my hats off to you. Chime in and lets get more folks involved. We losing about 1000 WWII vets a week, a lot of Korean vets are getting "long in the tooth" , and Vietnam vets are dying from Agent Orange, etc. They need to see their memorials.
    WHEC724 and RMS like this.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Thanks for the reminder, this has been around for a while.
    Honor Flight November 2011
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

this was posted back in may and I found this I though was worth adding. the news story and a video; read the story

What honor looks like: The flash mob at Gate 38 of Reagan National Airport | MullerOver.com

VIP Member
    Darn, gotta go dry my eyes, something is making the screen blurry.

Links