Relay for Life

This is a discussion on Relay for Life within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know a lot of people here have been affected by cancer personally or through their friends and loved ones. Relay for Life is a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tubadude

Thread: Relay for Life

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

Relay for Life

I know a lot of people here have been affected by cancer personally or through their friends and loved ones.

Relay for Life is a fund rasier for the American Cancer Society. They hold relays all over the country.

This is the team that honors my friend Lisa who passed away from stomach cancer in January of this year. She started the team 5 years ago when she was first diagnosed.

2012 Relay For Life of Spartanburg, SC: Goodbye Earl & Eunice - The American Cancer Society - 2012 Relay For Life of Spartanburg, SC (fyi: she named her first tumor Earl and used the dixie chicks song to lift her spirits for the fight. Eunice is the sister tumor that she was not able to fight)

So far this year we have raised over $30,000 (once the next update hits).

Please consider supporting our team or your local Relay for Life.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Our final tally will be over $35,000. Outteam received an award for the largest amount raised of any group for that Relay. One member ran 26 miles Friday night/Saturday morning.

Anyone who has been affected by cancer, please consider getting involved with your local Relay. It was an amazing night. Mutliple ceremonies to honor those who have passed and to encourage caregivers and cancer survivors.

VIP Member
    good job Phreddy
    I support this race every year
    my dad was lost to cancer in 2004
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Nice work. I don't participate in the "normal" sense, but I do donate my time as a sound guy. I have some connections in a production company I used to work for, so we all work together to set one of the local Relays up with a PA system for music and whoever is speaking and staging and lighting for all of the events they have during the day.
    64zebra likes this.

Links