Family traveling to Nicarargua

This is a discussion on Family traveling to Nicarargua within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Please keep us in your prayers. My wife, my two daughters (10 and 12) and myself are leaving tomorrow for a week long trip to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ericb327
  • 1 Post By phreddy
  • 1 Post By phreddy

Thread: Family traveling to Nicarargua

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

Family traveling to Nicarargua

Please keep us in your prayers. My wife, my two daughters (10 and 12) and myself are leaving tomorrow for a week long trip to Nicarragua. This is a mission trip with my church and a local missions group. We will be digging a well (there is only one in the village now), building houses, and distributing food and clothing. I am really excited about the well. The current well in the village is only open from 6am to 10am. The villagers must be in line by 4am to get water each day or do without. The well we are digging will be open all day. Even though I am excited, I am a little nervous. Please pray that God will protect us and use us to further His Kingdom by meeting their needs.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Thumbs up

My old church used to do that. In the village that we helped in Africa, some of the women used to literally walk for hours to get to a mud pit, where they would strain water into jars from mud pies, and then lug the jars for hours back to their camp. One trip a day, taking all day. Those wells are the best bang for the buck that we can offer.

I'll be praying for your safety.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I traveled to Esteli Nicaragua 2 years ago. I would be very careful. We had armed guards at our hotel. Esteli is famous for cigars. Do not and I mean do not let your family out of your sight. What village? I would be lying to you if I said its a good Idea to bring the whole family.
    rolyat63 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Is this through BMDMI? My church does the same trip, though unfortunately I am not able to go.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This is through Chosen Children Ministries. We will not be near Esteli. We will be near Managua and travel to Juigalpa one day. Our compound does have armed guards, but we will only be there at night.
    ericb327 likes this.

We had an amazing trip! The nearest well was 10 km away. They now have a well in the center of their barrio (Emanual) open all day.. Built a concrete block building for the church. Repaired a house that was falling in. Poured concrete for the floor of the pastors' house and some sidewalks around the church. Provided shoes for all of the children at the dump near barrio Cristo Rey and fed everyone. We also collected enough money so that one more well could be dug by another team and enough to build a house. I ate so many rice and beans that I gained 3 pounds. There was a team from BMDMI on our flight from Houston and spoke with a fellow on their team for a while near Laguna de Apoyo. I would encourage everyone to take a similar trip.
    WHEC724 likes this.

VIP Member
    Good job! 'Glad ya'll are home safe.

I also learned how to cut concrete blocks the Nicaraguan way, with a trowel. I was never so happy than when they brought out the circular saw and generator.

Have a safe trip. Best of luck while you are down there.

My sister is doing the same in El Salvador come August. Providing healthcare to a village.

Bring back some good photos.

Links