BugDude FIL passed today

This is a discussion on BugDude FIL passed today within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He was a good man, Vietnam Veteran, 2A supporter, golf buddy, shooting buddy, fishing buddy, and devoted father and grandfather. I miss him already. He ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BugDude FIL passed today

He was a good man, Vietnam Veteran, 2A supporter, golf buddy, shooting buddy, fishing buddy, and devoted father and grandfather. I miss him already. He was a very active part of our lives.
    Sounds as if a good man who lived a life and lived it well has now passed leaving behind people who remember him well, think of him kindly and who loved him and will miss him. I'd hope for as good an ending for myself. My sympathies are for you during this time of pain and loss.

2. Remove Ads

Very sorry to hear about such a great loss to you and your wife BudDude. It sounds like we've all lost one great American.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    My condolences to you and your family.

Amazing Grace - Bagpipes - YouTube
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

WOW..... much shorter time than expected... hope you "talked" like you planned. Sorry to hear it .... sounds like a good man.

I was making a comment today to my grandkids , related to my mother, and they both said .... "we feel like we know her from all of the things you've told us about her, I wish I could have met her.... I think I would have loved spending time with her". Tell the stories, tell them of the times, tell them of him ...... even if they don't get to know him personally, they will feel they did. He'll live in their lives thru all of you.

Take care of the family, and ya'all have our condolences.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Very sorry for you loss BD. My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

May he rest in peace, God Bless his family. My prayers be with you.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

VIP Member
    Sincerest condolances BugDude.

Hope your family will treasure the memories they have had with him.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    My condolences to you and your family. So sorry you didn't have more time with him, but like you said he is no longer suffering.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    My condolences
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    o/ | \o

Condolences to and prayers for you and your family.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Very sorry to hear of this loss...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Very sorry to hear. I hope you and your family find peace....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

My sympathies and prayers.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    My father-in-law passed at 11:05 this morning. My wife called me early this morning and told me I should come on up, but I didn't make it before he passed. She said he went peacefully at home surrounded by his daughters. He was a good man, Vietnam Veteran, 2A supporter, golf buddy, shooting buddy, fishing buddy, and devoted father and grandfather. I miss him already. He was a very active part of our lives. I wish my 3 year old son could have gotten to know him as he grew up...I'll have to be sure to tell him about him often.

At least he isn't suffering and agonizing anymore. He died less than six weeks from his diagnosis, and up to that point had been going and doing everything he wanted to do. At least he didn't suffer for years.
    Very sorry for your loss.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Heartfelt sympathy for your loss. How fortunate you are to have shared your lives. May you keep his torch burning.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links