Welcome the newest family member

This is a discussion on Welcome the newest family member within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After losing our pup Dega the day after Christmas our other dog Jazzy has been in a funk. We found this lil guy Saturday at ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jbum

Thread: Welcome the newest family member

VIP Member

Welcome the newest family member

After losing our pup Dega the day after Christmas our other dog Jazzy has been in a funk. We found this lil guy Saturday at a rescue and brought him home. His name is Cruz 10 months old and in good health according to the vet yesterday. After a couple of days of tension between the two they have now settled into playful relationship. Jazzy seems a lot more bright eyed. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us when Dega was going through her ordeal.

413652_3031467160575_1090979400_o.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the cute 'addition'...
    Should be a nice addition to the HD system, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great selection! Thank you for going to a "Rescue" too!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I don't know what it is about rescue dogs. But they seem to be some of the best dogs there is. Congrats on the new member of the family!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Rescue dogs know you've spared them from some bad options! You did a good thing, and will be rewarded for it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Thanks y'all!! Rescues are the way to go.

A fine looking pup. Congrats.

We have a blue tick hound that was a rescue dog. She is the sweetest nature dog I have ever owned. She trained the basset hound when basset was a pup. The blue tick has never had a "accident" in the house no matter how long she was there. She was dancing like a Rockette and made a bee line for the yard....but never a accident. Has been a patient guardian of the Grand daughter since she was a baby. Great dog.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

We have one that's a rescue ..... ha, ha... she's the MOST protective one of us out of the 3. No one is messing with her home and her family. It took her awhile before she realized... "this is home" ..... and she didn't have to worry about getting food. You couldn't force her out now. She had been thrown out on her own as a puppy and was on her own for about 5 months of her 9 mo old life at that point... and you could count every bone in her body from 20 ft away.

Congrats on getting him. (looks like the dog I had from 3 yrs old to 22 yrs old ... she was just short of turning 20 yrs old).
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Two of my three are rescues. Nice looking pup....Congrats..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    After losing our pup Dega the day after Christmas our other dog Jazzy has been in a funk. We found this lil guy Saturday at a rescue and brought him home. His name is Cruz 10 months old and in good health according to the vet yesterday. After a couple of days of tension between the two they have now settled into playful relationship. Jazzy seems a lot more bright eyed. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us when Dega was going through her ordeal.

413652_3031467160575_1090979400_o.jpg
    Extremely handsome young man, congratulations! My avatar is a picture I took of all three of our rescues, Fergus, Connor and Shiloh, all from Rocky Mountain Collie Rescue. Have 5 rescued cats and one of the horses is a rescue I've had since he was 8 years old - he's 26 now. Rescues are the very best! You did a great thing and will be rewarded having that special guy!!!

After losing my Choc Lab to old age,after about a year looked at dog pics on the local shelter site,saw "Millie" Lab/Greyhound on there and brought her home,when she was first fed she would lay down in front of her bowl and eat til it was gone,now she knows that she gets all the food,treats and rawhide chews she wants.I learned to keep her in chews or she will chew up wood,screwdriver handles,tops off of bottles/jars etc
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links