The sheriff who never carried a gun

This is a discussion on The sheriff who never carried a gun within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by BugDude I visited Mt. Airy often when I lived in VA. Lots of car shows there. Quaint little town. I did the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The sheriff who never carried a gun

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I visited Mt. Airy often when I lived in VA. Lots of car shows there. Quaint little town.
    I did the same while in the Navy at Va. Beach. My Dad lived in Kernersville and we would go to Mt. Airy, King, Pilot Mountain and on up to Boone. Great day trips.
    I still have a step sister that lives there.

2. Remove Ads

Great Actor,,,, his shows tried to teach honest christian lessons ,,,, with the
    good guy finishing on the top. RIP Andy & tell Barney hello,,,, never be two
    better characters. The liberal Andy should have stayed out of Politics and let
    folks remember him as Andy of Mayberry & Matlock, the lawyer.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Though maybe not the man we would have liked him to be in real life, Andy was one of televisions pioneers who tried to make the wasteland live up to its founding fathers hopes and dreams of a method of mass communication for the betterment of all mankind. During all the years since its debut in the 60's, Mayberry was the benchmark of the American dream. We have come a long way from Mayberry to Reality TV.
    We mourn the death of Andy Taylor and the lost opportunities of the magic of television.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I always likes the start when Andy and Opie are going fishing,It kinda reminded me of whem my Dad and I went,he bought me a Zebco 202 reel on a white fiberglass rod which was pretty good since it wasn't too much before that people were still using cane poles
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Grew up watching him. He'll be missed.

Could have done without seeing his pro-Obama care commercials there at the end of his life, but he was definitely a TV icon.

Now that's a gooood cracker.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

RIP Andy .....

Didn't understand from the CNN article, which said he died @ 7 a.m. ... was already "laid to rest" ... July 3

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/03/showbi...ead/index.html

Actor Andy Griffith dead at 86

(CNN) -- Actor Andy Griffith, who played folksy Sheriff Andy Taylor in the fictional town of Mayberry, died Tuesday at the age of 86, his family said.

Griffith died at about 7 a.m. at his home on Roanoke Island, according to Dare County, North Carolina, Sheriff J.D. "Doug" Doughtie.

He passed away after an unspecified illness and "has been laid to rest on his beloved Roanoake Island," the family said in a statement
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    I used to watch Andy religiously. Always loved the interactions of him with Barney. As others have said, wasn't thrilled with his political stands later in life, and perhaps if he'd given Opie a few "whuppin" as a kid, he might not have grown into a flaming liberal, but he will be missed.

RIP Andy.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

First Barney, (Don Knotts), and now Andy. Seems we keep losing the good guys. I loved that show and seldom missed an episode. RIP Andy Griffith. You're memory will always make us think of a gentler time.

Bark'n likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links