Update on my Son, ie neurological condition....

This is a discussion on Update on my Son, ie neurological condition.... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A little background here for everyone first. We moved to Indiana in July 2010 after I took a job in Indianapolis. We were never happy ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Update on my Son, ie neurological condition....

A little background here for everyone first. We moved to Indiana in July 2010 after I took a job in Indianapolis. We were never happy there and in fact, within a few months of moving there, a dormant neurological condition that our then 9 year old son had since birth called an Arachnoid Cyst, basically a pocket of cerebro-spinal fluid in the Aracnoid membrane covering the brain that causes pressure and can cause pain and other symptoms, flared up with a vengeance. At his 9 year old birthday party no less. He got a headache. He started having balance problems. He was sick to his stomach. Blurred vision. All the bad symptoms, he had them.

We went to several doctors. Over the course of almost a year and several different medications, all with their own set of side effects that were almost as bad as the condition itself, the docs found a combination of medications that stopped the pain. We were happy. However, what he had to live with was altered sense of taste, not sleeping too well, dry mouth, and other lesser symptoms. But he was pain free, which was something to be thankful of.

Now, we have been back home in West Tennessee from the wastelands of central Indiana for a little over 2 months. In that two months, we found a new doctor. A very good Pediatric Neurologist. She did tests. She looked at things. While I was in Las Vegas going through training for the new career, she weened him off all medications. My wife kepts this quiet so I wouldn't worry about it while going through some fairly stressful training.

When I got back, I found out that Scotty has been off all meds for over a month and a half! He is 100% pain free! His sense of taste is normal again, he sleeps deeply and peacefully. His condition has gone back into 100% remission as it was the entire time we lived here in West TN before. (We lived in Mobile Alabama when the condition first presented itself.) I am the happiest Dad you can imagine! Obviously, something, who knows what, was aggravating his condition in Indiana. But we are not there anymore and on top of loving where we live again there is the huge added benefit that Scotty is a happy and pain free 10 year old boy again!!

Additionally, my wife who has asthma, and who had a bad time with it in Indiana (again, something was aggravating her condition there) is breathing MUCH, MUCH better back here in West Tennessee!

The move back home has worked out so well I can hardly believe it! I have a MUCH better career that so far I love. My son has no pain and is no longer on any medication. My wife has very little trouble with her asthma. All the kids are happy here and still have tons of friends. The town we live in welcomed us back with open arms, even to the point of printing a short blurb about us returning in the town newspaper and delivering a large gift basket to us during the first week here.

Life has realigned itself. We are so happy. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers for our son and any others that were offered!
    Last edited by TN_Mike; July 8th, 2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Great to hear this brother. My wife and i only have a 2 year old and we are sooooo greatful we don't have any problems as of yet. We are about to try for number two if we are still inclined to do so after thinking and praying. I am happy you and yours are doing good here in gods country!!!;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    TN_Mike likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Glad to hear it worked out better than planned. All the best to you and your family Mike.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Good news Mike.

That is excellent news !

Sent using 2 cans and string

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Glad to hear it!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    That's fantastic Mike!

I'm so glad things are going well for you & your family!

I've been away for over 25yrs now. I gotta tell you, my life has seemed out of kilter as well. Idk if it's reading your posts or what, but, I find myself trying to think of some way possible to get back to my Tennessee home.

-
    TN_Mike likes this.

That's awesome! Best wishes to your boy.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    After reading all of your posts about the job loss, the struggles, the new job, the move, the decision about
    moving back, all of that stuff and the story about your kiddo, all I can say is that I am absolutely delighted
    to hear that things have turned around. No one should ever have to go through what you guys have been
    through and I wish you the best for the future.
    TN_Mike and hogdaddy like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Any parent that has had a seriouslly sick child deserves all the good breaks / good news they can get.
    Hopyard and zacii like this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Mike, what great news! The job is good...but the news on Scotty and the Mrs is wonderful.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

God Bless! Oh, he did!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Good news indeed!
    p.s.
    stay out of Indiana,it's cursed.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

That is awesome news.

I have to wonder though, was your former residence older or have known mold problems? I have a cousin who is very sick and slowly going downhill but he found a lot of temporary relief when he moved out of his old apartment into a newer, cleaner, home. Unfortunately he is back to where he was (oxygen 24/7) but at least he had some freedom from an oxygen bottle for a few months.

Amen Brother.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links