Newest member of the family.

This is a discussion on Newest member of the family. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lately we’ve been seeing a whole rash of posts about dogs protecting their families, and it made me realize just how much I’ve missed having ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xader

Thread: Newest member of the family.

Distinguished Member

Newest member of the family.

Lately we’ve been seeing a whole rash of posts about dogs protecting their families, and it made me realize just how much I’ve missed having a loyal friend in the home. We’ve been without for a few years after my retriever-spaniel Spencer succumbed to old age at 18.

So without further ado, I’d like to introduce the newest member of the family.

This is Cooper. (no relation to Jeff )

He’s 10 months old, part pit, part basset hound, and about as ferocious as a glass of milk When my wife first spoke to the nice people at the shelter, they described him as looking like a big scary fighter (when his tail isn't going 100 wags per minute), but actually being a lovable goofball. She decided right then that he’s just a smaller, furrier version of me, and that he’d fit right in at home.

She was right.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Congrats!
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Congrats, got a good looking block of a head!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I can see the family resemblance!!

Congrats on the new best friend.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I can see the family resemblance!!

Congrats on the new best friend.

^Maybe so^^^^^^^^^^

But I think the new addition has cuter ears and a better looking muzzle!!

Enjoy your puppy, before you know it, he'll be going on sleepovers, and then he'll be up and have a family of his own.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^Maybe so^^^^^^^^^^

But I think the new addition has cuter ears and a better looking muzzle!!
    Yeah, for some reason, he gets all the cute girls petting him, but when I try the same look, they run and my wife slaps me!

Sometimes, life just ain't fair...

Nice looking dog, thanks for saving him. From Post above: Yeah, for some reason, he gets all the cute girls petting him, but when I try the same look, they run and my wife slaps me!

Just roll over and give them your belly.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You know what they say... if it ain't pit, it ain't $hit!

I have a boxer/pit mix who is the best dog I've ever known. Energetic and playful when appropriate, but settles right down and lays near the family when we're just chilling. It's clear to me why they were once known as America's dog! Before the idiots got their hands on them... sad to see such a great breed get such a bum rap.

A beautiful dog! Pit's are great!

Outstanding!!!!! Thanks for the rescue!!!!

Handsome looking dog. Good for you rescuing him. Our Blue Tick hound is a rescue and she is the best natured dog. Last week we found the little dog I have been looking for. We got him from a Rescue too.

Here is our new guy. Buddy Holly.

My daughter and grand daughter have come over and visited every day since we got him. When they are here the dog's paws don't touch the floor. They hold him...cuddle him....and baby him. Then they leave and life becomes real for him again. "No Buddy....you have to walk to the water bowl."
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links