First Time Father!

This is a discussion on First Time Father! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Awesome! Congratulations! That was a very exciting and happy time of my life. All of the nesting instincts (repairing everything on the house and some ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: First Time Father!

VIP Member
    Awesome! Congratulations!

That was a very exciting and happy time of my life. All of the nesting instincts (repairing everything on the house and some things that didn't need it), making the baby room perfect, thinking about all of the incredible things and experiences that awaited us... Enjoy these times.

I'm sure you'll be a fine father. I prayed this scripture for you this morning:

"Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever. Light dawns in the darkness for the upright; he is gracious, merciful, and righteous. It is well with the man who deals generously and lends; who conducts his affairs with justice." Psalm 112:1-5
    wraithls1 and phreddy like this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Thank you all, and especially those who are praying for us. It's still early (don't know the sex yet) and a lot of things can happen, but I'm excited about being a father. The pregnancy was a surprise, but my wife and I will be celebrating our 5-year anniversary this month, and I know she's been anxious to have a baby, so I'm trusting in the Lord's timing on this.

We'll probably wind up using family/biblical names; something with a strong meaning that the child can grow into, but my wife has already nixed the idea of naming a boy after myself. Oh well. I can't win everything
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Hey, Samuel is a biblical name and while I admit I have not read it in it's entirety, I'm sure Colt is in there somewhere too.
    oneshot likes this.

+1 for gaston.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Thank you all, and especially those who are praying for us. It's still early (don't know the sex yet) and a lot of things can happen, but I'm excited about being a father. The pregnancy was a surprise, but my wife and I will be celebrating our 5-year anniversary this month, and I know she's been anxious to have a baby, so I'm trusting in the Lord's timing on this.

We'll probably wind up using family/biblical names; something with a strong meaning that the child can grow into, but my wife has already nixed the idea of naming a boy after myself. Oh well. I can't win everything
    Well I can see her point. Georgia Dawg F. probably isn't something that my wife would endorse either but I think it has a ring to it. Huge Congrats! "You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which you will strive for another five months or so. The eyes of the world and your family are upon you." ~Dwight D. Eisenhower and mprp~
    Last edited by mprp; August 3rd, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Ionracas likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Congrats!! Remember they are a blessing and a gift from God, cherish every moment with them because time flies by so fast. And when they are around three or four and you come home from work, as you walk through the door and hear "DADDY"!!!! and they come a runnin to you, you will remember that feeling for the rest of your life.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Springfield XD9sc
    S&W 4516
    Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Good for you.

Congratulations! You and your family will be in my prayers, and that is a rare place for Georgia fans to be...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

great news!

HOOYAH DADDY ! Congrats to Momma and you!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Speaking from experience.... There is nothing like the first time you will hold them. There is nothing like the first time you your wife are alone at home after leaving the hospital, you look at each other & realize "what the hell do we do next?"
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Congratulations! Best thing to ever happen to me and I am selfish as all get out. It is amazing how much they change your life for the better. Prayers for a safe and healthy baby.
    Pretty much everything I was gonna say. My daughter just turned 1 last month. With out a doubt, already the best thing that ever happened to me. It does go by way to fast too! We already wish we would of took more video when she was younger.

Both you and your wife get as much sleep as you can now! Seriously, when it gets closer take the weekends to sleep in, relax and enjoy some peace. We crammed alot in but thankfully the last few weeks we kinda relaxed. Because you are going TO LOOSE SO MUCH SLEEP!!!! Its unreal, I've never been so sleep deprived in my life.

But again its so worth it. I'll do it all again in another few years. Congrats!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Congratulations! Enjoy your sleep now. It's been 4 years since I had a solid 8 hrs of sleep, and I don't foresee it happening for a while.

But that first smile makes it all worth it. There's no better feeling than seeing a miniature version of yourself.

Good luck, and hope your new tricycle motor is healthy, strong, and runs good for a long time.

- Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats!!

P5
    Congratulations!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links