First Time Father! - Page 3

First Time Father!

This is a discussion on First Time Father! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I kind of like the name choices myself. Congrats. There's no owners manual, however, but don't be afraid of advice from kindly old grandmothers. It's ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: First Time Father!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I kind of like the name choices myself.

Congrats. There's no owners manual, however, but don't be afraid of advice from kindly old grandmothers. It's all good.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Congrats!!! I'm also having my 2nd in Nov. Well my wife is LOL. And she too didn't like my name choices for our Son either. I had thought of Buck, Colt, Wyatt, Wayne, etc :) she didn't like them :(.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Congratulations! You and your family will be in my prayers, and that is a rare place for Georgia fans to be...
    Thank you, I think

Thank you all for your prayers and kind remarks. I can sleep through just about anything, and even if I'm able to sleep through a screaming baby (I doubt it), my wife has promised me she'll give me a swift kick in bed to make sure I share in the wonderful moments
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Congratss! You will have some nights that seem will never end, but when its over they will be gone in a blink of an eye. Enjoy evey minute of it.

If GeorgiaDawg is out as a name, what about Hairy Dawg?

Congrats on the news!
    Cool pic, looks like a Glock kid to me...
    oneshot likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats. Stockpile your guns and ammo now....once the baby arrives, there are going to be ton's of other things you'll be spending it on!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats! Before you know it you'll be Grandpa!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Well, my wife is almost 12 weeks along now so we decided to start telling people at our church and at work, so I figured I'd let you guys know that I'm going to be a dad!

I'm still nervous about the idea but I'm excited at the same time. If I can be half as good of a father as mine has been to me, I'm sure my kid will turn out alright. Going to need lots of strength and guidance from the Lord, though.

My wife doesn't like name choices so far for boys: John Moses F., Carl Walther F., and Samuel Colt F.

Here's an ultrasound pic from our 9-week visit. To be honest, I was expecting to see a smushy blob, so this picture took me by surprise. Also, hearing the heartbeat was awesome
    Attachment 61354

^^^^^^^^^^Bahhhhhhh^^^^^^^^^^

She suckered you into fatherhood{JK}, so I/We here @ DC say she has relinquished all rights to naming the little darling.
    Your next step is to start a poll and we'll see what the folks here have to say!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

PS
    Daniel Wesson has a nice ring to it!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links