Katie is gone - Page 2

Katie is gone

This is a discussion on Katie is gone within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sorry for your loss! The right pet is indeed a God send....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Katie is gone

Sorry for your loss! The right pet is indeed a God send.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Man that brings back memories of my Chocolate lab "Lucky" she was a sweetheart I had to put down 7/3/2010,in 2011I found "Millie" a Yellow Lab/Greyhound mix at the local SPCA,when you mentioned "Katie" running at full speed it sounds like "Millie" May you keep and cherish all the memories and the pain in your broken hearts heal with time knowing that she is waiting for you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I am very sorry to hear of this loss, I've been there, too!
    Nothing beats the friendship of a loving canine...having to say goodbye is very hard.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ctr, and Mrs. ctr.,

Sorry for your loss of Katie. Truly, dogs are one of G_D's best efforts.
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

A beautiful and special dog Ms. Katie was. My deepest condolences.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Having lost the companionship of my two dogs both in the last two months I understand. Both were rescues Sasha was 16 years old and riley 12 years old. They had long lives and were great family members. Its hard to let them go but they will never be forgotten. Best wishes to you and your family and always cherish those great memories you described so well. Reading your post brought back some great memories and made my screen blurry as well.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Some call them animals or pets. Those who know or love them call them family members. Katie was quite a family member. You were blessed to be able to care for her. So sorry to hear of her passing. My family will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Until a person has experienced the unconditional love of an animal, a portion of their heart and soul remains unawakened.

I just lost the sweetest cat in the whole world...I've been truly heartbroken.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I've been in your position so many times I can't count. But I can name them. You have my condolences.
    It took me a long time after the last to come around to having any domestic pets again. Thing is........I can never be without. Nothing can replace what we've lost, but we can fill in the empty space eventually. I love my pets. I always have. It's often the most difficult thing to deal with. I've had to put down a few for their own benefit. That's the hardest thing to do. Both of you and Katie have my prayers.

Sounds ilike Katie was a very special girl.

RIP
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Cinnamon four years ago. I did the same thing you did, I wrote a letter. It captured some of those memories for me and provided a way for me to say goodbye to her. Our bond was very strong. I can tell that yours was also a strong and special type of bond. I hope that you can get through the pain of your loss. My heart goes out to you.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Your words express your love of Katie.

I am so sorry for your loss.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

If there aren't dogs in heaven, then I dont' want to go there. Where-ever mine went, is right where I want to be as well. I have 3 right now and they all seem to have what I call "the look" .... when they do something they know you aren't going to like (like chew up your socks) and then look at you like , "but you know I love you " , and the next thing ya know.... your saying.. 'ah well, I can always get new socks'. Now, they have their "own pile" of socks and leave mine alone.

Sorry to hear about your loss. They take a piece of us with them. Katie will always be with you. She obviously knew you loved her too.
    OD* likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I am sorry for your loss.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Moderator
    Very sorry for your loss. It is obvious to me from your words that you and your wife provided an awesome home for her and more than made up for whatever trials she faced before you knew her. Rescued dogs seem to instinctively know when they've finally made it to a place where they will be loved and cared for, and they can finally come out of their shell and be a member of the pack.

I firmly believe that bringing in the vet for the final time is an act of courage and love, taking away a beloved animal's suffering by taking on the pain of their loss. Your words about Katie are a credit to you - and to her.

Hang in there. It gets better, eventually.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links