Taking a Trip looking for some help

This is a discussion on Taking a Trip looking for some help within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi All, So here is the deal, I need to get from Minnesota to Mt. Sterling Kentucky in 2 10-12 hour days of driving while ...

Thread: Taking a Trip looking for some help

Hi All,
    So here is the deal, I need to get from Minnesota to Mt. Sterling Kentucky in 2 10-12 hour days of driving while avoiding Illinois. I have been scouring google map's trying to find the most direct route and have some idea's / the start of a plan. I was wondering if any of our more seasoned members when it comes to travelling this great country of ours would have any recommendations on how to accomplish this. Also any places that I must stop and visit along the way would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance!

Just realized this probably belongs in Off Topic, please feel free to move.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Looking at the map without details of your starting and ending locations, it still look like you would be making a very long detour through Iowa and Missouri. Since IL is not your destination, you might be better off to bite the proverbial bullet and stow your firearm and just cut through the NE corner of IL and make a beeline of IN.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Looking at the map without details of your starting and ending locations, it still look like you would be making a very long detour through Iowa and Missouri. Since IL is not your destination, you might be better off to bite the proverbial bullet and stow your firearm and just cut through the NE corner of IL and make a beeline of IN.
    Well, my final destination is your fine state. Heading to the Outerbanks, and will be making the drive from Mt. Sterling to Duck that third day. It honestly might be better to just stow my firearm the entire time save for in my hotel room and what not as WV does not recognize my permit either. Just trying to figure out if there is some route I am missing that will be nice and friendly to my lowly MN permit and isn't a huge detour.

Sponsored Links