Bad luck - Page 2

Bad luck

This is a discussion on Bad luck within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good luck! Keep us posted. Re: elixer -- you mean you didn't take some SWVA good stuff with you?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bad luck

VIP Member
    Good luck!

Keep us posted.

Re: elixer -- you mean you didn't take some SWVA good stuff with you?
    BugDude likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Glad you alive and on the road to recovery. Hope your pain subsides and you get back to the range and scaring foreigners real soon dude!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Hey BugDude, like thedogfather said, follow up with the doc. My buddy's mom got bit by a recluse on her foot and to say the least, it was a bad experience. It had taken up residence in her shoe, now she sprays Raid as a perimeter defense around where she takes her shoes off a couple of times a week.

Man, I knew there was a good reason I'm terrified of those damn things. Hope all goes well with your recovery.

I always shake out my clothes, regardless of closet or dresser drawer and double check my shoes and boots.. It's the little things that really hurt us.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I had the same bite, recieved it also in marion county fl, this past spring, very painful, do exactly what the doc tells you, eventually it heals.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Good luck!

Keep us posted.

Re: elixer -- you mean you didn't take some SWVA good stuff with you?
    No, but I had plenty of it my 14 years there. You don't know how much I miss SWVA Apple Pie!!!! They just don't have anything like that down here.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I was on the golf course Thursday evening when I got bit...I recall something on my leg and using my other foot to scratch it. A little later I saw the small spot. The next morning it looked like a pimple. It just kept getting exponentially worse from there. I guess if I could stay in the fairway I wouldn't have to worry about bugs.

PS. I appreciate the irony in my nic "BugDude" My affinity is for Volkswagens, definitely not the other kind of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I was on the golf course Thursday evening when I got bit...I recall something on my leg and using my other foot to scratch it. A little later I saw the small spot. The next morning it looked like a pimple. It just kept getting exponentially worse from there. I guess if I could stay in the fairway I wouldn't have to worry about bugs.

PS. I appreciate the irony in my nic "BugDude" My affinity is for Volkswagens, definitely not the other kind of bugs.
    I may be prejudiced because of my buddy's mom having been bitten on the foot in her shoe but you may want to look around where you keep your golf shoes (in a dark closet or the garage?). Reason for that is, don't golf courses treat the "greens" with insecticide to keep the ants, cinch bugs, etc. in check? I am purely speculating because I do not golf. Either or, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmspecial View Post
    I may be prejudiced because of my buddy's mom having been bitten on the foot in her shoe but you may want to look around where you keep your golf shoes (in a dark closet or the garage?). Reason for that is, don't golf courses treat the "greens" with insecticide to keep the ants, cinch bugs, etc. in check? I am purely speculating because I do not golf. Either or, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    We were half way through the back 9 when it happened, so I doubt it came from my shoe. Still not a bad idea to check though because I keep them in the back of my truck (camper shell). My guess is it was in/on/around the golf cary and made it's way to my leg. I recall scratching at whatever it was with my other foot...figured it was a skeeter.

Hope you heal quickly! Don't wait so long to get to the doctor next time.
    BugDude likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links