Six Year Anniversary

This is a discussion on Six Year Anniversary within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just noticed, as of yesterday, I have been enjoying y'all's company for 6 years! I'm a longtime handgunner who was carrying concealed well-before it ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Six Year Anniversary

Six Year Anniversary

I just noticed, as of yesterday, I have been enjoying y'all's company for 6 years! I'm a longtime handgunner who was carrying concealed well-before it became an accepted topic of polite conversion. I just wanted to take the time to say...thank you. Thanks for a community FULL of (mostly) knowledgable, responsible, cool-headed gun toters with an (almost) universal sense of humor!

To you youngin's who've never enjoyed the rough & tumble banter between the regulars in an ol' time gun shop, this is about as close as you'll get to the rhino-hided friendliness of a bunch of mule-headed opinionators who know everything about every THING. But be careful or you might get a little scabbed-up. More importantly, when you're a rookie around around here, try (just try) to "ask" more than you "tell". It'll gain you acceptance & friends (and info) MUCH faster than just you startin'-in tellin' us about your Spec-Ops experiences and/or the crap you've heard from your friends at Zombie-Zapper.com .

Again, thanks to ALL for all the chances you've given me to both learn & teach. Here's a (small-batch) Bourbon toast of Kentucky's finest to every Mother-Lovin' one of y'all. To my friends at DC...
    WHEC724, Lish, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Back at ya, GT.

Lead Moderator
    Thanks,

I'm raising my glass to ya, it's been 6 years for me too this month
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Not much of a bourbon drinker but here’s a beer to you, been here six years also.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Ill tip back a beer to that....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

VIP Member
    A six-year pug, myself.

From us'all to y'all ... glad to have you here.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Cheers ghost tracker. Been hanging around here soaking up wisdom and culture a little over 5 years myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I just noticed, as of yesterday, I have been enjoying y'all's company for 6 years! I'm a longtime handgunner who was carrying concealed well-before it became an accepted topic of polite conversion. I just wanted to take the time to say...thank you. Thanks for a community FULL of (mostly) knowledgable, responsible, cool-headed gun toters with an (almost) universal sense of humor!

To you youngin's who've never enjoyed the rough & tumble banter between the regulars in an ol' time gun shop, this is about as close as you'll get to the rhino-hided friendliness of a bunch of mule-headed opinionators who know everything about every THING. But be careful or you might get a little scabbed-up. More importantly, when you're a rookie around around here, try (just try) to "ask" more than you "tell". It'll gain you acceptance & friends (and info) MUCH faster than just you startin'-in tellin' us about your Spec-Ops experiences and/or the crap you've heard from your friends at Zombie-Zapper.com .

Again, thanks to ALL for all the chances you've given me to both learn & teach. Here's a (small-batch) Bourbon toast of Kentucky's finest to every Mother-Lovin' one of y'all. To my friends at DC...
    Looking forward to Learning.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    To you youngin's who've never enjoyed the rough & tumble banter between the regulars in an ol' time gun shop, this is about as close as you'll get to the rhino-hided friendliness of a bunch of mule-headed opinionators who know everything about every THING. But be careful or you might get a little scabbed-up.
    Scabbed-up ... oh, yeah! Where's SelfDefense when you need 'im, eh?

EDIT: A quick <search> shows there are 185 active folks at DC who're celebrating their 6yr, this year (at least, those with >1 post since 6-1-12).
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 13th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links