Good news/bad news - moving to California

This is a discussion on Good news/bad news - moving to California within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by fastk9dad Another question, say you get a CCW from a green county and then move to a red county? Is your permit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Good news/bad news - moving to California

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Another question, say you get a CCW from a green county and then move to a red county? Is your permit still good? Do you need to reapply or "move" your permit tto the new county and if so can they revoke or restrict it?
    Nope. You have to report a change of address, and get a new permit if you crossed the county line. Permit is issued by county of residence, but sometimes can be issued in a county where you work, but not sure how that works.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, put in a change of address and you should still be good for the duration of that license. However, good luck to me if I were to move to San Fran and put up for a renewal.
    Arborigine likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    Interesting, thanks guys.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Was going to ask about the possibility of extending your tour overseas, but with a Command position hinging on the assignment, would not be a good career move. Hope everything works out for you. Congrats on getting your own Squadron, although I don't envy you the headache.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Well...I found out I'm headed to California (bad news)...good news is, it is to command a squadron (good news)
    Well, look on the bright side: your post-count of 6668 narrowly missed being 6666, on this thread's initial post. Good omen, perhaps.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Congrats on your new post, thank you for your service and welcome to CA! From your area it appears you should be good to go and all of the info given is in line with what I have read, researched and been told. It is a beautiful state, and aside from politics there are a lot of nice things. Good on ya for keeping positive, I know many would consider it a death sentence. Carry anywhere (legal) you like with apermit, just be prepared for more of a headache in certain areas should the need to defend yourself arise.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Carry anywhere (legal) you like with apermit, just be prepared for more of a headache in certain areas should the need to defend yourself arise.
    Things to keep in mind regarding those points, unless things have changed in CA the past several years ...

1. There's a short list of places a person may not lawfully carry. (A reasonably long list, depending on your POV.)

2. The sheriff in your county of residence can add to the list of restricted/unlawful areas.

3. The legal landmines that exist when being forced to defend yourself are numerous.

4. The tendency to go after the person left standing with criminal charges apparently for merely being the one left standing isn't exactly the rarity it should be, in CA. Depends heavily on the sanity and political aspirations of the reigning county DA, and the degree to which the county DA is influenced by strident voter sentiment. Something to be very, very aware of, before strapping on.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links