The world lost a good one late last night.

This is a discussion on The world lost a good one late last night. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My step father unexpectedly passed away last night. This is one of the very few times that I have ever called him that, it was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The world lost a good one late last night.

My step father unexpectedly passed away last night. This is one of the very few times that I have ever called him that, it was always dad. He was a very good man, Air Force veteran and my dad even though he didn't have to be. There are so many things that I could say but I just can't get the words from the brain to the fingers.

I ask one favor from all of you, there is someone in your life that you haven't spoken to for awhile. You have been meaning to but life just seems to get in the way and you think I will call them tomorrow. Well tomorrow may not come. Call them today.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Sorry for your loss. The part of your post where you address "ah well, there's always tomorrow" really hits home for me. My grandfather, who is the greatest man I have ever known, has currently arrived home from the hospital, with an estimated, less than a week to live. I can't help but to beat myself up for all the times I put off talking to him/visiting because "I could always do it tomorrow".
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Sadly I think many of us deal with the pain of guilt from not reaching out to someone when we should have. We always think that we have all the time in the world, but none of us is promised a tomorrow. We just don't realize that until it is too late. This has reminded me of someone I need to reach out to, and I will be doing so as soon as the clock tells me it is a decent hour.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

My condolences to you and yours. Unfortunately I lost my father last year and my grandmother 2 days ago. I agree don't put things off until tomorrow

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The older we get, the more we lose...My condolences to you and yours.

Very sorry for your loss, and prayers have been sent.

It sounds like you had a very good relationship with your step-Dad, emphasis on the dad part.

I have step-kids and one of them thinks of me the same way, I just hope I could live up to the way yours has done.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Sorry for your loss, condolences go out to you and your family.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Deepest sympathies to you and yours.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

My condolences, your family and loved ones our in ourprayers.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

mkh
    My condolences and prayers.

Some say tomorrow never comes. But it will and it may be a day too late to tell someone how much you love them.

OD*
    I'm sorry to read of this, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

My condolences to you and your family. Your advice is very good - thank you for that.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I'm truly sorry for your loss. My real father was killed when I was young. I then had two step fathers that were bad news & suffered several years of abuse. By the time my mother finally met a good man I was grown. He & I didn't become close until a couple of years prior to his death.

I can truly say that is one of the biggest regrets of my life. He was with my mom for 28yrs before he died 5yrs ago. (We all miss him dearly.) My mom is 70 now and has been very sad living alone. My sister & I live hundreds of miles away from her & she has nobody else.

Just try your best to be there for your mom! If, she's like my mom she may not let on how bad she's hurting. It breaks my heart that I can't be there for mine as much as I'd like.

-

My condolences.

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links