A huge thank you!

A huge thank you!

This is a discussion on A huge thank you! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not sure who here will remember but almost 2 years ago I asked the gentlemen of this forum to participate in a study on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By enk5

Thread: A huge thank you!

A huge thank you!

I'm not sure who here will remember but almost 2 years ago I asked the gentlemen of this forum to participate in a study on relationship satisfaction. I just wanted to thank everyone who participated. I was published in the Journal of Men's Studies this month and I couldn't have done it without your help.

Thank you again everyone!
    -Emily
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Walther PK380 - SIG Sauer P238 - Glock 19

So many questions... so little nerve.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I read the Abstract for your paper, looks interesting. From what I can tell, without NMA my friend's tavern would be out of business...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Congratulations!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

You stinker! Include a link!

(I published last month, and it's a huge amount of pride that nearly no one understands, lol)
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Sorry, there wasn't a smiley that says "This post is worthless without a link"
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Behind a paywall.

Most scientific studies are, sadly. There's an ongoing movement to make more of them open-access, and it's gaining steam. Luckily, a few journals started that decided to be open-access AND they played their cards right when it came to quality-control, so they have good reputations. A researcher doesn't risk losing face by publishing results to some of the high-quality journals that don't need subscriptions.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Most scientific studies are, sadly. There's an ongoing movement to make more of them open-access, and it's gaining steam. Luckily, a few journals started that decided to be open-access AND they played their cards right when it came to quality-control, so they have good reputations. A researcher doesn't risk losing face by publishing results to some of the high-quality journals that don't need subscriptions.
    If you want to see the mindset of the intellectually dishonest and why the would fight that tooth and nail, the "Final Report" by the East Anglia crowd "clearing" (making excuses for) HadCRU of all wrongdoing makes fun reading. No need to be an expert on climate, just a familiarity with honest research. You would probably end up rolling on the ground, laughing at the weaseling. It's such garbage that I don't think I saved the pdf or the link to the source.

I'm familiar enough with climate sciences that I follow the primary literature. The level at which the wrongdoing was committed is a very important factor when it comes to interpretation. Oceanic acidification happens regardless of how much rolling on the ground that I do. I don't think that defensivecarry is the right place for a discussion regarding climate science, because of its (weirdly) partisan nature, and most people's opinions have been formed after reading a few dozen paragraphs (in total). I'd be happy to see your link, though.

The open-access science that I like are mainly regarding medical and biological studies. One can get a summarizing grasp by reading just abstracts, if they're persistent, but it's much, much better if you've access to the entire text.

For example, a discussion on using diet to reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease is much clearer after seeing a graph, but studies like this are behind a paywall.

Sponsored Links