An old war horse - Page 2

An old war horse

This is a discussion on An old war horse within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 Sorry about the loss of your father, but having the gun service and extending its lifespan a for another century would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: An old war horse

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Sorry about the loss of your father, but having the gun service and extending its lifespan a for another century would be a fine tribute to your family

^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

on this one.

It looks pretty good now, with some newer parts and grips it will still retain the integrity of how it was when your ancestors had it, but it will be a nice shooter if you decide to load up the mags.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. It sounded in some of your posts that you have a very close, and wonderful relationship with your parents.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Sorry about the loss of your father, but having the gun service and extending its lifespan a for another century would be a fine tribute to your family
    ^^^^ that reflects what I would do, personally I think it would be a great tribute. Of course there is no right answer besides the one that feels right in your own heart. No matter what you decide to do, it's an honor to have it and to pass down the stories with it to your children.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your father.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your Dad. Mine passed at about the same time, within a week. It's great that you have a family heirloom, something solid to hold and help recall memories of him by. Would you consider having it stripped and re-blued? In a quick search I found this.
    GunBroker.com Message Forums - question on nickel plating
    Additional Services Fogle's Gunsmithing - Specializing in Gun Rebluing and Restoration
    Prices Fogle's Gunsmithing - Specializing in Gun Rebluing and Restoration
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Re: An old war horse

How does one offer condolences and congratulations in the same breath?

It's not easy, so just accept that I offer both...

You are fortunate to have such a fine piece of family history passed on to you... Preserve it so that you too may pass on the honor and history it represents...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links